• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
DeepGreen

CBS Sports Bowl Projections

Recommended Posts

Hmmm, I could live with it.

Though I like this one better...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebiglead.com/2018/08/10/2018-college-football-bowl-predictions/amp/

And this one even better than that...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/athlonsports.com/college-football-bowl-projections-2018%3famp

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Maryland is a mess right now.  Player died after practice the other day and now the coach is under fire, or was released, with claims of a toxic environment.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

New Mexico is a good ski destination at that time of the year.  

Not last year. I cancelled 2 ski trips to NM last season. I hope this year it gets some snow.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to go to Heart of Dallas again for the obvious reasons; dfw recruiting, attendance, costs, home field advantage, usually better teams, and etc.  (Not a fan of the NM Bowl or New Orleans Bowl)

  • Upvote 6
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Venson said:

Agree wholeheartedly with @MeanGreen01

Same here. NM Bowl does none of those things.

I'd add Armed Forces Bowl, Frisco Bowl, Independence Bowl to the positives mentioned category as well. 

(It wouldn't happen but the Sun Bowl in El Paso or Texas Bowl at NRG in Houston would be awesome.)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Same here. NM Bowl does none of those things.

I'd add Armed Forces Bowl, Frisco Bowl, Independence Bowl to the positives mentioned category as well. 

(It wouldn't happen but the Sun Bowl in El Paso or Texas Bowl at NRG in Houston would be awesome.)

If we ever end up in Frisco, it would have to be the only option out there.  Stadium is way to small to handle a bowl game with our fan base.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

If we ever end up in Frisco, it would have to be the only option out there.  Stadium is way to small to handle a bowl game with our fan base.

We never sell out anything. Not even close. It would be awesome and have really great optics to have a stadium sell out full of green. Our other options are playing in empty stadiums like the last 3 bowl games. Just like almost every other G5. One looks great and one looks sad. I get we've had 30k+ at the HOD but its pathetically empty when you look around. For recruits, that matters. 

In the end l'm really happy we are playing in bowl games at all...

  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wardly said:

Don't think there will be another HOD bowl.

If you have read carefully you would note that this is the last secure year of it existing, and all the talk as of late is for the 2019 season and beyond.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNTexas said:

We never sell out anything. Not even close. It would be awesome and have really great optics to have a stadium sell out full of green. Our other options are playing in empty stadiums like the last 3 bowl games. Just like almost every other G5. One looks great and one looks sad. I get we've had 30k+ at the HOD but its pathetically empty when you look around. For recruits, that matters. 

In the end l'm really happy we are playing in bowl games at all...

That stadium in Frisco only holds 20,500. You said yourself that we had 30k at HOD.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

That stadium in Frisco only holds 20,500. You said yourself that we had 30k at HOD.  

Which means (depending on opponent) we could at best only have 18k or less tickets available to our fans and that is probably a stretch.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 3
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

That stadium in Frisco only holds 20,500. You said yourself that we had 30k at HOD.  

I absolutely did. I would rather us sell out a smaller, nicer venue and have our fans fighting for tickets as opposed to 70k pathetically empty seats. One we look pathetic and the other we don't.

In Frisco, UNT could also throw parties around town for people who couldn't get tickets. Big TVs at party tents arond the stadium or something. And it's not like we aren't partnered with the Star or the city of Frisco where we are building a new campus.

And we still haven't sold out anything out either. I'm sick of looking like Thursday Night MAC games during bowl season.

Heck, if I were SMU I'd try and get the HOD moved to my campus. We would take that stadium over easily as usual. Plus, I'd love to win a bowl there. 

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I absolutely did. I would rather us sell out a smaller, nicer venue and have our fans fighting for tickets as opposed to 70k pathetically empty seats. One we look pathetic and the other we don't.

In Frisco, UNT could also throw parties around town for people who couldn't get tickets. Big TVs at party tents arond the stadium or something. And it's not like we aren't partnered with the Star or the city of Frisco where we are building a new campus.

And we still haven't sold out anything out either. I'm sick of looking like Thursday Night MAC games during bowl season.

Heck, if I were SMU I'd try and get the HOD moved to my campus. We would take that stadium over easily as usual. Plus, I'd love to win a bowl there. 

My bad.  I thought you were saying we wouldn’t sell out Frisco either.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

And we still haven't sold out anything out either. I'm sick of looking like Thursday Night MAC games during bowl season.

 

Oh! Brings on a flashback. I peeked at one once...it was sorta like THIS:

200w.gif

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Oh! Brings on a flashback. I peeked at one once...it was sorta like THIS:

200w.gif

I love this!!!

 

41 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

My bad.  I thought you were saying we wouldn’t sell out Frisco either.  

No worries. We'd probably sell out really fast. I'd be getting a block ASAP.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

If you have read carefully you would note that this is the last secure year of it existing, and all the talk as of late is for the 2019 season and beyond.

I didn't. Thanks for the clarification .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNTexas said:

I absolutely did. I would rather us sell out a smaller, nicer venue and have our fans fighting for tickets as opposed to 70k pathetically empty seats. One we look pathetic and the other we don't.

Choking supply in order to put up the perception of higher demand? I’m skeptical.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Not last year. I cancelled 2 ski trips to NM last season. I hope this year it gets some snow.

Ski trips to Kissy Face Mountain and Powder Puff Hill do not count.

 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UNTexas said:

I absolutely did. I would rather us sell out a smaller, nicer venue and have our fans fighting for tickets as opposed to 70k pathetically empty seats. One we look pathetic and the other we don't.

In Frisco, UNT could also throw parties around town for people who couldn't get tickets. Big TVs at party tents arond the stadium or something. And it's not like we aren't partnered with the Star or the city of Frisco where we are building a new campus.

And we still haven't sold out anything out either. I'm sick of looking like Thursday Night MAC games during bowl season.

Heck, if I were SMU I'd try and get the HOD moved to my campus. We would take that stadium over easily as usual. Plus, I'd love to win a bowl there. 

Lets find the smallest high school available, and try to get NT a game there, were it would assure a sell-out.

I don't understand your point at all, NT should strive to play in a venue that accommodates all fans that want to attend.  Hoping to have 20,000 NT fans at Frisco vs 30,000 or more fans at the HOD bowl is questionable.   

Most fans can figure out that the relationship between stadium size and perceived attendance.  If NT played at Frisco and sold it out, the response would be by the average college football fan; so what it is a tiny stadium.

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as long as the season ticket holders get first crack at a Frisco bowl appearance i am ok with it. Is the Frisco bowl televised? SDSU would be handful if we go to the New Mexico Bowl and play them.  Rocky Long always has a good team. Why UNM chased him away I will never know.

Edited by southsideguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this