Gotta hand it to SMU

emmitt01

50 minutes ago, malonish said:

It's the new student section and non students aren't allowed. Likely to be heavy drink service at the concession behind it to encourage all 20 of them to be loud. These are also renders and not the final picture.

I don't really like the look but at least they are trying.

The more I look at it, the more stupid it becomes. Not only will obstruct the view from anyone in the upper bowl behind it, but the side views of the adjacent lower bowl sections as well. 

Just an all-around dumb design.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

Not only will obstruct the view from anyone in the upper bowl behind it, but the side views of the adjacent lower bowl sections as well. 

I found a transcript from one of the preliminary design meetings.  Here's an interesting tidbit from the discussion:

Nobody is sitting on this side of Ford Stadium anyways, idiot!  I approve this design.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, malonish said:

It's the new student section and non students aren't allowed. Likely to be heavy drink service at the concession behind it to encourage all 20 of them to be loud. These are also renders and not the final picture.

I don't really like the look but at least they are trying.

How many students on the north side of 21 show up for their games?  5? 10?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

The more I look at it, the more stupid it becomes. Not only will obstruct the view from anyone in the upper bowl behind it, but the side views of the adjacent lower bowl sections as well. 

To me it looks angled from the other view on the renders to where it's got a steep enough angle that seats on the right side would still see the left corner of the end zone. Not so sure about those people behind the deck though.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:10 PM, emmitt01 said:

40775E84-D8A6-4210-856C-A5508805FB1B.jpeg

Now that I look at it more, it would have been best to start the deck at field level instead of laying it on top of stands. You'd have to cut out that part of the bleachers and the foundation under it all the way out to the 2nd tier of the stands in order to lay it on the ground. That would give people in the 2nd tier visibility.

Edited by malonish
Computer science degree, not English. Typo.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1