Gotta hand it to SMU

emmitt01

They put this new party deck thing in their endzone, and I think it’s a brilliant idea for several reasons: 

- It gives off an air of exclusivity for those watching the game from there...and if there is anything an SMU fan loves it’s the idea of exclusivity

- They’ve converted about 1,500+ seats into standing room for 300.  If they did the same to the rest of the stadium their average attendance would resemble a sellout

- Now people can get drunk WHILE they watch SMU play.  Having to wait in line for beer after a horrible play is just too much delay.  

40775E84-D8A6-4210-856C-A5508805FB1B.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 3

I think the structure distracts from the overall look of Ford, and fails to blend with the architecture. It also messes up some of the sight lines to the end zone. Not that they have fans sitting there. SMU has money. I'm surprised they couldn't design something nicer.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

26 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Looks minor league baseballish to me.  It also looks like it will block some sight lines to that corner of the end zone.  

Oh lighten up! They don't go there to SEE anything, it is an extension of the "Boulevard" experience for three hours.

1547735841_BERelaxing.gif.3a6137b1f6fcf4dc3ea08720095da9f8.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Damn that is ugly.

Rick

Yes. Yes it is. But it does serve some utilitarian purposes. For example, suppose Peruna should go down with an injury. Underneath there is a series of rooms. One of them houses a backup for Peruna, available on a moment's notice, in the event there is a problem. Here is a practice drill:

200.gif 

• Upvote 3

On 8/11/2018 at 3:10 PM, emmitt01 said:

They put this new party deck thing in their endzone, and I think it’s a brilliant idea for several reasons: 

- It gives off an air of exclusivity for those watching the game from there...and if there is anything an SMU fan loves it’s the idea of exclusivity

- They’ve converted about 1,500+ seats into standing room for 300.  If they did the same to the rest of the stadium their average attendance would resemble a sellout

- Now people can get drunk WHILE they watch SMU play.  Having to wait in line for beer after a horrible play is just too much delay.  

40775E84-D8A6-4210-856C-A5508805FB1B.jpeg

It's the new student section and non students aren't allowed. Likely to be heavy drink service at the concession behind it to encourage all 20 of them to be loud. These are also renders and not the final picture.

I don't really like the look but at least they are trying.

Edited by malonish
Render
  • Thanks 1