• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
TheColonyEagle

#1 play in CUSA last season

Why do I get the feeling that were that game against UT instead of UTSA that the refs would've have called that an incomplete pass or Bussey out of bounds at the 15 capped with some sort of offensive penalty? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I just watched that entire game last night, and I forgot how stale and unproductive our offense got from the 2nd quarter all the way until that last drive.  The offensive woes leading up to it make that drive all the more impressive.

No, it's not surprising that play won the #1 play last season.  But does anyone else find it strange that C-USA refs are publicly ranking the best plays in C-USA?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Why do I get the feeling that were that game against UT instead of UTSA that the refs would've have called that an incomplete pass or Bussey out of bounds at the 15 capped with some sort of offensive penalty? 

There would have been a flag thrown declaring holding somewhere if that was UT and not UTSA 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

There would have been a flag thrown declaring holding somewhere if that was UT and not UTSA 

Right here, the refs would've agreed with the player that he was out of bounds. 

utsa.png.96c45ffcb4b1ed04d4b45b89ec57595c.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I can’t count the number of times I have watched “the drive” during the off season.  It always makes me smile.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I just watched that entire game last night, and I forgot how stale and unproductive our offense got from the 2nd quarter all the way until that last drive.  The offensive woes leading up to it make that drive all the more impressive.

No, it's not surprising that play won the #1 play last season.  But does anyone else find it strange that C-USA refs are publicly ranking the best plays in C-USA?

That's the issue with our offense last season.  We would be great for a quarter and then go cold for a quarter.  We were inconsistent within games and left our defense out to dry.  I chalk a lot of that to how young we were on offense.  Hopefully we're more consistent this season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1