Follow Up Thought About the Heart of Dallas Bowl Situation

Green Lantern

1 hour ago, Green Lantern said:

Attendance of 30,000 plus for a non marquee bowl match up is doing your job as far as I'm concerned.

I thought the same thing but it seems that they are more concerned with people having to stay in hotels so they don’t see our numbers as profitable as having people come in from out of town😭

The worst proof we have of the hoops that  P5s will take to avoid playing a decent G5 in a lower bowl happened to us last year when 6-6 FSU fell to the Independence Bowl and used their influence to get USM as their bowl opponent over us. Sure, the I-Bowl committee trusted USM to bring people to the game, but they also let FSU dictate the opponent that would most help them no matter how things went. Lose to USM, well they are known as giant killers anyway. But win, and that looks better to recruits and fans than beating UNT, since we had been so bad for so long. 

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

The worst proof we have of the hoops that  P5s will take to avoid playing a decent G5 in a lower bowl happened to us last year when 6-6 FSU fell to the Independence Bowl and used their influence to get USM as their bowl opponent over us. Sure, the I-Bowl committee trusted USM to bring people to the game, but they also let FSU dictate the opponent that would most help them no matter how things went. Lose to USM, well they are known as giant killers anyway. But win, and that looks better to recruits and fans than beating UNT, since we had been so bad for so long. 

Let’s be real, FAU should’ve been given that game. FSU would’ve rather stayed home though. 

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Let’s be real, FAU should’ve been given that game. FSU would’ve rather stayed home though. 

Well, the I-Bowl bent over to get to FSU, so they let them dictate who they got to play. That CUSA allowed FAU to play a bow game at home against a MAC team after winning the league was the biggest joke of all. If CUSA had any balls, they would have told the I-Bowl that we aren’t letting our 6th best team play FSU while our two division champions are stuck playing a MAC and SBC team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Well, the I-Bowl bent over to get to FSU, so they let them dictate who they got to play. That CUSA allowed FAU to play a bow game at home against a MAC team after winning the league was the biggest joke of all. If CUSA had any balls, they would have told the I-Bowl that we aren’t letting our 6th best team play FSU while our two division champions are stuck playing a MAC and SBC team.

McLeod'd
MacLeod.JPG

• Haha 1