New UNT "Pump-Up" Music Ideas for 2018 FB season

Harry

I can't remember how to post an actual youtube video, so you have to click on the link. Sorry.

A great song by a former student, and it should be played during timeouts when UNT is going into victory formation at the end of home games. I'd prefer it were accompanied by a highlight video and lyrics on the scoreboards. I'd also encourage Mean Green fans to sing along, so that when the song stops at the end of the timeout, the opposing team, and  TV/streaming viewers at home will still here it echoing through Apogee as the clock winds down on our opponents' losses. That would be an original tradition that no other team has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52a_w3iQAPE

• Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

This is not "pump-up" music in the sense we are using it here. Nonetheless, we could get really pumped up if one of our horn players would show off his skills by playing "El Deguello" in the face of the opposition before kickoff.

I love this, but most probably won't understand the history of the song in Texas.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

New does not equate to good. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138530/

For example, jazz music now means something very different than it did 100 years ago; whereas jazz is currently thought of as sophisticated and creative, earlier generations considered it uncivilized and lewd.

And so the cycle continues.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

It is not that I don't like some current music.  There is a lot of older music I don't care for as well.  Good music is good music, but we need songs with good intros to pump up the fans and team.  They won't play the entire song, but maybe only a third of it at most.  That is why songs like Thunderstruck and Enter Sandman are so good.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

It is not that I don't like some current music.  There is a lot of older music I don't care for as well.  Good music is good music, but we need songs with good intros to pump ip the fans and team.  They won't play the entire song, but maybe only a third of it at most.  That is why songs like Thunderstruck and Enter Sandmañ as so good.

To that end, When Hammer Hits Stone by local legends RTB2 should suffice.

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

To that end, When Hammer Hits Stone by local legends RTB2 should suffice.

I  really like this tune.  Thanks for turning me on to it.  We need to get this over to whomever sets the song list.  Intense!  Great tone.

• 3 weeks later...