Jeffery Wilson and the 49ers

UNTLifer

I will check that out to see if Wilson plays and how he does. All the San Francisco reporters keep saying that he will be cut at the end of preseason. They say he has a chance to make the practice squad, but not a good one. I hope he can prove them all wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, untcampbell said:

Sighted on the 2nd half kickoff return team. Being on special teams ain't the showcase opportunity it used to be, with the new kickoff rules.

GMG

Yeah, but as of the end of game, they didn't use him at RB.  I'm disappointed, especially since the first couple of RB's struggled (though obviously that was against 1st and 2nd teamers).  It doesn't seem like they've given him a chance to make the team, let alone the practice squad, which as we all know will be a huge loss to the 49ers.

2 hours ago, MrStrange18 said:

I was really hoping he got some carries...

He looks like a pro out there though! If he does get cut, I hope he gets picked up somewhere. 

I was hoping the same thing. If he does get cut, I hope he ends up with the Steelers. I am biased though because I am a Steelers fan. With Le'veon Bell holding out for ridiculous money for a RB in this pass happy league, I think he could easily replace the pass production we lose from not having Bell. Outside of Bell, all the Steelers RBs are really just bruisers who are not good in the passing game or open field. Jeff is good in both of those. They would not need him to run a lot, just catch the ball in space and do what he does. Besides, the Steelers have had great success with Mean Green players. Three come to mind right away. "Mean Joe" Greene, Ron Shanklin, and Erric Pegram. All three played in Super Bowls with the Steelers.  

• Upvote 2

None of the 49ers' RB's were impressive.

Brieda got hurt and had 3 yards on 1 rush for the game.

Jerrick McKinnon had -4 yards on 3 rushes and 1 catch for 7 yards.

Joe Williams had 27 yards on 11 rushes (1 TD) and 2 catches for 15 yards.

Jeremy McNichols had 15 yards on 3 carries with 1 catch for 9 yards

Raheem Mostert had 57 yards on 8 carries with 0 catches.

Jeffery should be given a chance against these yay-hoo's.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep, the Rams screwed Dunbar over cutting him at the last minute.  In fact, I think he found out over Twitter.  Here's wishing an 0-16 on the Rams.

The beef was there was no need to "cut" him since his contract was already up and he wasn't getting a new contract. The "cut" just came off as just ugly business.. He didn't get "screwed" though. It doesn't seem any money was lost nor saved. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

The beef was there was no need to "cut" him since his contract was already up and he wasn't getting a new contract. The "cut" just came off as just ugly business.. He didn't get "screwed" though. It doesn't seem any money was lost nor saved. 

Thanks for correcting me.

As a 49ers fan...I’m not happy with Georgia Southern as the 49ers backfield. Unfortunately they’re locked in to make the team. Joe Williams had has issues so he was kind of a wildcard but he seems like he’s going to make the team as well. That leaves Wilson the odd man out as Mostert plays special teams and is probably how he makes the team as well...But you never know, injuries could change it all.