The censorship of Alex Jones is not an infringement on free speech

Most don't exactly consider him a conservative ....(that is an insult to them) ....  what he is is  a LIAR.. 

---He claims Sandy Hook didn't exist, 9-11 was done by our own government and many insane things. How anyone believes anything he says amazes me. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

I've never seen more than a couple sound bites of this guy.  All I know about him is what I hear my trusted news sources say about him. I don't care to waste any of my time on him; if I hear he ever says something meaningful, I'll check that out. Those are my personal decisions.

As long as he wants to rant, spread bovine excrement, and voice his opinions while not inciting people to violent acts...let him. His opinions are like anal sphincters...everybody has one.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, malonish said:

Every account checks the "I agree and will abide by this policy" upon creation so if his accounts violate the policy they can be banned. Said websites are private property and they have no obligation to allow speech. He goofed too many times and got caught. Oops.

The problem is the double standard.  

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 2
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Which one? You lobbed that out there like someone randomly going "I like music" and not naming a genre.

For example, did they do something so egregious on a platform that they lost custody of their kids or were sued by multiple families for incitement of harassment thanks to conspiracy theories? Those would be good examples if you have them.

Edited by malonish
Edit
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, malonish said:

Which one? You lobbed that out there like someone randomly going "I like music" and not naming a genre.

For example, did they do something so egregious on a platform that they lost custody of their kids or were sued by multiple families for incitement of harassment thanks to conspiracy theories? Those would be good examples if you have them.

Brietbart wrote a good piece on it.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/08/06/facebook-bans-infowars-but-keeps-antifa-louis-farrakhan/

Facebook’s explanation for the InfoWars ban claims that the site posts material which “glorifies violence,” and also uses “dehumanizing language.”

But the social media Masters of the Universe have made no attempt to explain why InfoWars should be banned while leftist pages with a far more explicit glorification of violence, not to mention using “dehumanizing” language towards Jews, Christians, and Americans in general, should remain and even prosper on the platform.

Among them, a page called “Kill Trump,” and dozens of global pages for the registered domestic terrorist group Antifa, which have made unchallenged postssupporting violence.

“It’s Going Down” is one such prominent Antifa page. Beyond featuring violent imagery of President Donald Trump being attacked, it includes training and information on attacking critical infrastructure targets. “It’s Going Down” seems to be lower on Facebook’s list of “glorying violence” than InfoWars

Infamous anti-Semite and Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan also remains on the platform, with nearly one million likes, while The Young Turks, a progressive news outlet, remains despite its founder Cenk Uygur’s denial of the Armenian Holocaust.

The New Black Panther Party, a black supremacist organization, which according to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has “encouraged violence against whites, Jews, and law enforcement officers,” also has several pages on the social network.

Other pages allowed on the platform include: “Fuck White America,” “Fuck the south,” and “Islam Will Rule the World.”

It does not even require fresh transparency of Facebook’s murky rules around “hate speech,” “glorifying violence,” and “dehumanizing language,” to recognize that if InfoWars does not belong on Facebook, neither do these pages.....

Also my double standard comment wasn't random at all. It's quite applicable to the subject which you verified in the follow-up question you asked in your second paragraph..  And if I make a statement that I like music then it means I like music. If on the other hand your interested in knowing which genre of music I like or don't like then you can ask and I'll tell ya.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Is that the problem? hmm..

Serious question - so please don't throw up a bunch of semi-famous people mocking the president. 

Where are the liberal conspiracies that are akin to yelling fire in a theater? Where are the conspiracies that lead eople into armed stand-offs with police on completely wild-ass theories (pizza-gate, Qanon, sharia law take-overs, deep-state satanism, pedophilia, etc)?  I keep hearing about this double standard, but I haven't seen any - but I am completely open to being too close to the trees to see the forest.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Rick.

"Fuck White America" -- yes... it should be taken down. It has a total of 15 people that follow it. 

"Fuck the South" - - yes.. again.. sure... it has a curse word. ~1000 people follow it.

"Islam will Rule The WORLD" -- has 200 people.

But onto one that may have some decent followers:

"It's going down" -- I don't follow it. But a quick scroll through and I don't see anything hateful or violent. They are Anarchists, but it seems in a sense like Libertarians are fairly anarchists. Anarchist doesn't mean burn the world down violent..  All in all, it has 25k followers. 

None of those seem to reach the level of conspiracy FIRE yelling like Alex Jones.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Rick.

"Fuck White America" -- yes... it should be taken down. It has a total of 15 people that follow it. 

"Fuck the South" - - yes.. again.. sure... it has a curse word. ~1000 people follow it.

"Islam will Rule The WORLD" -- has 200 people.

But onto one that may have some decent followers:

"It's going down" -- I don't follow it. But a quick scroll through and I don't see anything hateful or violent. They are Anarchists, but it seems in a sense like Libertarians are fairly anarchists. Anarchist doesn't mean burn the world down violent..  All in all, it has 25k followers. 

None of those seem to reach the level of conspiracy FIRE yelling like Alex Jones.  

I'm not surprised.

IMG_7549.JPG.638a07993fe0f9ce08c79bd1295d1bd0.JPG

BTW....In reality....the supposed non-"hateful or violent" chicken shit Antifa member who cracked this Trump supporter's skull with a bike lock got off with probation yesterday.  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

21 minutes ago, malonish said:

Nah. You can do better. They lost their credibility long, long ago and this is coming from someone who is not super Leftist.

As far as the content, Willie already broke it down as far as it needed to go.

Ah yes, you got me.  I should go find a "real" source like the New York Times.  Maybe when hell freezes over their latest editorialist will expose the hypocrisy?  LOL

IMG_7556.JPG.ed8ea92fe421f5c7011ea0e4b5de23b1.JPG .

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 6

I fail to see how one person (who should be banned for being a troll) rises to the level of a whole conspiracy MEDIA conglomerate that makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year. I am talking about your twitter caps.

As for the 'chicken shit' antifa -- you know there is more to that store. They were matching up against "Rise Above Movement" ... a white nationalist group... Both sides got into the squabble with both sides getting arrested. I do agree this guy should have gotten more than probation, but with that said, he didn't walk into a pizzeria and pull out a gun. He faced off with people that were there to face off. Violent side. Both of which are bad.

Though - with all your fear of Antifa and their influence - do you actually know one? Because I know a metric TON of people Alex Jones followers. I don't know any Antifa - and you would think I would - being such a soft liberal ass. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I fail to see how one person (who should be banned for being a troll) rises to the level of a whole conspiracy MEDIA conglomerate that makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year. I am talking about your twitter caps.

As for the 'chicken shit' antifa -- you know there is more to that store. They were matching up against "Rise Above Movement" ... a white nationalist group... Both sides got into the squabble with both sides getting arrested. I do agree this guy should have gotten more than probation, but with that said, he didn't walk into a pizzeria and pull out a gun. He faced off with people that were there to face off. Violent side. Both of which are bad.

Though - with all your fear of Antifa and their influence - do you actually know one? Because I know a metric TON of people Alex Jones followers. I don't know any Antifa - and you would think I would - being such a soft liberal ass. 

It was a Free Speech rally at Berkeley, and he's chicken shit because he had his face covered and sucker punched people with a weapon then ran off like a bitch.

Very few took Infowars seriously.  And I'm almost certain it did not encourage violence against society as Antifa has caused or it would have been removed long ago?  

IMG_7550.PNG.aa02c2e6df9f7a428fef0868255f5784.PNG

IMG_7551.PNG.50809aa4c3c7bb27009b821c4513a33f.PNG

And you do realize that a metric ton of people is around...13 people?  LOL!

But please, by all means, if you have proof of Alex Jones instructing his 'masses' to go out and commit violence and destroy infrastructure then post it.

Pick at the facts all you want but they still remain that there is a double standard.

Malonish asked that I present proof and I did. You just don't like it and that's fine with me. 

And speaking of double standards... here's a fun one.  

Zerohedge reports that in response to the New York Times’ decision to stand by their most recent hire – open bigot Sarah Jeong, who really hates white people, men (especially white men), and cops – black conservative Candace Owens carried out a thought experiment  we mentioned last week in which we replaced the word “white” with “black” to illustrate Jeong’s animus.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/08/no_author/candace-owens-exposes-twitters-hypocrisy-and-sarah-jeongs-bigotry-with-one-simple-experiment/

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 4

On 8/10/2018 at 11:22 PM, FirefightnRick said:

NYT

I too am against that hire. They are however a more reliable source than Breitbart. Whataboutisms will get you nowhere in life.

Back on topic which the aforementioned will not save you from: Let's just say hypothetically if Alex Jones goes beyond criticism to hit the hate speech level, encouraged harassment of Sandy Hook families such that his crazy fans stalked them and had them move 7 times, perpetuating Pizza Gate shenanigans, fanning a fake revolver and threatening someone, posted videos of children being thrown to the ground, and then once receiving a Youtube strike if he circumvents the ban the *perhaps* he could deserve removal based on a website's policies.

Oh sh*t that all happened. My bad.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Rick - you posted some screencaps of an anonymous post about Antifa in WA sabotaging the tracks.  The anonymous post, was removed from the IGD site, because it didn't even get the facts straight. They claimed they sabotaged an area that was actually 15 miles away for the accident. 

The NTSB did not find sabotage as the cause, instead the train was going 80MPH in a 30MPH. 

So -- you know -- keep throwing up a twitter screencap and calling it real news and keeping the fear of the Antifa alive. Keep putting up memes with known false info (Hillary on Trump). Keep acting like that 'free speech' rally at UC was not chock full of white nationalists. That the poor innocent soul that got attacked was  some church going poor lad that got hit with a bike chain while walking to the soup kitchen to volunteer. Because it's all fun! Solid! No one gets hurt! 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, malonish said:

I too am against that hire. They are however a more reliable source than Breitbart. Whataboutisms will get you nowhere in life.

Back on topic which the aforementioned will not save you from: Let's just say hypothetically if Alex Jones goes beyond criticism to hit the hate speech level, encouraged harassment of Sandy Hook families such that his crazy fans stalked them and had them move 7 times, perpetuating Pizza Gate shenanigans, fanning a fake revolver and threatening someone, posted videos of children being thrown to the ground, and then once receiving a Youtube strike if he circumvents the ban the *perhaps* he could deserve removal based on a website's policies.

Oh sh*t that all happened. My bad.

First off, that's YOURE opinion of Brietbart, and your entitled to it.  

No one has yet to disprove what Brietbart pointed out in the article I linked to is false.  So what's wrong with it?  Nothing other than you don't like to read the truth I guess?  

Brietbart is simply another source albeit a conservative one and one of the few sources conservatives have left.  The New York Times has a long history of standing on the wrong side of issues including assisting  the German Nazi propaganda machine in selling its ideas...despite being owned by a Jewish family at the time..  And now it hires a proud and admitted racist, which Brietbart could never get away with. 

Second of all...you have COMPLETELY missed getting this back on topic.  I never defended Alex Jones.  I simply brought up the issue of the double standard then offered up proof.  Regardless if you read and support that trash or not...if Infowars is to be banned...others do to.

So in essence, you admitting that the racist NYT editorialist also needs to be removed your saying you agree with me.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Rick - you posted some screencaps of an anonymous post about Antifa in WA sabotaging the tracks.  The anonymous post, was removed from the IGD site, because it didn't even get the facts straight. They claimed they sabotaged an area that was actually 15 miles away for the accident. 

The NTSB did not find sabotage as the cause, instead the train was going 80MPH in a 30MPH. 

So -- you know -- keep throwing up a twitter screencap and calling it real news and keeping the fear of the Antifa alive. Keep putting up memes with known false info (Hillary on Trump). Keep acting like that 'free speech' rally at UC was not chock full of white nationalists. That the poor innocent soul that got attacked was  some church going poor lad that got hit with a bike chain while walking to the soup kitchen to volunteer. Because it's all fun! Solid! No one gets hurt! 

Those are just a couple of screenshots from a discussion on "It's Going Down" on Antifa's page.  If it's been removed but not banned then that again proves my point.  

And just so we're clear where you stand?  

Because someone failed to derail or stop a train, or because the other side was at a violent rally, or someone posts about killing, harming or doing away with white people and cops...makes it Ok in your eyes for them to discuss/plan/brag about it on Facebook?  

Thats what you stand for?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

First off, that's YOURE opinion of Brietbart, and your entitled to it.  

No one has yet to disprove what Brietbart pointed out in the article I linked to is false.  So what's wrong with it?  Nothing other than you don't like to read the truth I guess?  

Brietbart is simply another source albeit a conservative one and one of the few sources conservatives have left.  The New York Times has a long history of standing on the wrong side of issues including assisting  the German Nazi propaganda machine in selling its ideas...despite being owned by a Jewish family at the time..  And now it hires a proud and admitted racist, which Brietbart could never get away with. 

Second of all...you have COMPLETELY missed getting this back on topic.  I never defended Alex Jones.  I simply brought up the issue of the double standard then offered up proof.  Regardless if you read and support that trash or not...if Infowars is to be banned...others do to.

So in essence, you admitting that the racist NYT editorialist also needs to be removed your saying you agree with me.

Rick

Don't put words in my mouth boy. I can be against a hire and still know that one is a nationally relevant publication and the other is a fringe far right, wouldn't even call it conservative, blog.

As far as proving Breitbart as a poor blog, it would take less time to list good articles than it would take to list articles with demonstrative untruths. Fake news is not unique to any part of the spectrum.

Thirdly NYT hiring someone, with a  past that they claim to be redeemed of,  is different than a youtuber consistently breaking the published rules of a site in the present. If you think you have a target on your back you should not then go all in on rule breaking or you're just asking for it to happen. If a county gives out speeding tickets with zero tolerance for even 1 MPH over the while passing through would you drive 5 under just in case?

Fourthly, the social media companies are still private businesses. They can do what they want and use their policies for their justification when they want. If they ignore their buddy's transgression then they can.

Edited by malonish
4thly
  • Upvote 3