New Mean Green Sports Website

bdan2002

Well, I came here to bitch about the new website but looks like everyone else is having a good experience so I guess I'll go crawl back into my hole..........

Question: The bar at the top isnt popping up to navigate the website. Any pointers to try and get those up? Im using Google Chrome

14 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Well, I came here to bitch about the new website but looks like everyone else is having a good experience so I guess I'll go crawl back into my hole..........

Question: The bar at the top isnt popping up to navigate the website. Any pointers to try and get those up? Im using Google Chrome

Might have to change your resolution to allow those selections to be available.

If not, click the "hamburger" next to the "Menu" in the top left of the screen.

14 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I just moved my mouse over them, and they popped up. I'm using chome, too.  

This website is very user friendly! Nice work!

I just checked it out. It took me a few minutes to get comfortable with the new arrangement and navigating the site. BTW, I'm using Firefox and it works well.

200.gif     YES, Your Honor!

giphy.gif

On 8/8/2018 at 12:50 PM, Withers940 said:

They should have done redirects from the old subpages to the new equivalent.  When you search for something in Google and it links to a page you're getting a lot of 404 errors since the page links appear to be different.  Lazy web developers would rather wait for Google to re-crawl the website and update its listings (which isn't always quick) than to to redirect links.

For instance, say I'm an excited fan and I want tickets.  I open up Google and search "UNT Football Tickets"... The first link I get appears to send me to a UNT site to buy tickets... GREAT, can't wait to go!  Click on link: 404 Error. ☹️

image.png.be0425e718283f08d91f79c55a192f21.png

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

They should have done redirects from the old subpages to the new equivalent.  When you search for something in Google and it links to a page you're getting a lot of 404 errors since the page links appear to be different.  Lazy web developers would rather wait for Google to re-crawl the website and update its listings (which isn't always quick) than to to redirect links.

For instance, say I'm an excited fan and I want tickets.  I open up Google and search "UNT Football Tickets"... The first link I get appears to send me to a UNT site to buy tickets... GREAT, can't wait to go!  Click on link: 404 Error. ☹️

<<<screenshot removed>>>

You could do redirects for a few links but to do the entire site would be near impossible given the site has 5 years worth of articles and such. Google should remove those bad links from their search within a few weeks. It does look bad though for someone who wasn't aware of the change.