New Touchdown Terrace at Apogee

Harry

5 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Stadium donation is $350.  Season ticket (and I guess these are only available via season tickets) is $650.  But I think you get to keep any errant ball that comes into the stands. 

Where did you get this information?  The ticket price is nearly double that of a club ticket.  How can they command such a premium for what I consider to be a lesser seat? 

On 8/8/2018 at 9:05 AM, UNTcrazy727 said:

I believe this is the last season the big jumbo-tron will be in the south endzone. From what I remember, the plan is to have 4 slightly smaller screens in the four corners of the stadium. 

This is in the plan for the remodel!  Having that terrace open with views would be awesome. It could also serve as a stage for intertainment! 

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

Stadium donation is $350.  Season ticket (and I guess these are only available via season tickets) is $650.  But I think you get to keep any errant ball that comes into the stands. 

That's unfortunate. I would roll had the price been $650 all in. The value is priced too high. It makes no sense to go in at 1K a seat. 

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

Where did you get this information?  The ticket price is nearly double that of a club ticket.  How can they command such a premium for what I consider to be a lesser seat? 

Club level requires a sizable stadium fund domination, it appears this doesn't.  

5 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

So, is the price 650 or 1K? if 1k, I'm assuming these are stadium donation seats like up in the club? 

The price is $650 per seat and $350 per seat that goes to the Mean Green Scholarship Fund. Total price is 1k. You do get club access like the other club seats.

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2018 at 2:05 PM, Venson said:

As far as cost, they are $1000 each. For that you get club access, parking pass, and your seat.

I didn't pay much more than a $1000 a seat for my two Club Level tix this season in Club 11 section.  I guess I don't see the appeal for the price.  Its not like there's a private elevator to get all the way up to the Club Level from there.  Make sure you get your money's worth out of those pre game dinners!

Take it with a grain of salt since a part of sales is all about creating scarcity, but they said they were almost sold out on Club Level tickets when I talked to my guy at the ticket office.  He didn't elaborate if that meant in my section or in general.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I didn't pay much more than a $1000 a seat for my two Club Level tix this season in Club 11 section.  I guess I don't see the appeal for the price.  Its not like there's a private elevator to get all the way up to the Club Level from there.  Make sure you get your money's worth out of those pre game dinners!

Take it with a grain of salt since a part of sales is all about creating scarcity, but they said they were almost sold out on Club Level tickets when I talked to my guy at the ticket office.  He didn't elaborate if that meant in my section or in general.

I do take it with a grain of salt. As I stated earlier, I would not buy them if you actually use your seat. I would spend the extra money to stay out of the sun. However, I rarely, if at all, sit down at the games. I am usually walking back and forth as the ball moves up and down the field. So since I do not use my seat, it was better for me. Anyone who actually sits in their seats, I would suggest they spend they spend the extra money. Just my thoughts. 

8 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I can see that Wren really has a thing for "premium" seating, but I'm just not seeing the value in this one.  If these had existed when Apogee had opened, I would most certainly have had no interest in them. 

They are a cool addition, they are just priced too high in my opinion. People with money to spend are going to be the only one's to spend that kind of money on football tickets. And the view from the seats are not worth the money. They are pricing out the people that would be interested in them and putting them into the price range of people that will have no interest in them due to the heat, location of the seat, and view. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I got it straight from the North Texas athletics employee that called to pitch them to me.

• Ray 1

8 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I can see that Wren really has a thing for "premium" seating, but I'm just not seeing the value in this one.  If these had existed when Apogee had opened, I would most certainly have had no interest in them. 

Agree. When we moved over to Apogee from Fouts, and it came time to select tickets, my criteria were yardline and sightline. Then I asked how much does it cost. Different strokes for different folks! I get my gameface on when I walk into the stadium and turn off the party switch...I am there to watch the football game.  I do as much socializing as I can while tailgating, then tighten my jock and get ready for kickoff. That is me.

To each his own! I am fully aware that many others take a different approach to what they want from their time in Apogee and that's cool. We should all show up to every game and maximize what we each want out of the experience.  If the Touchdown Terrace makes you pop your cork, go for it! It is all GREEN and it is all GOOD.  JMHO.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Agree. When we moved over to Apogee from Fouts, and it came time to select tickets, my criteria were yardline and sightline. Then I asked how much does it cost. Different strokes for different folks! I get my gameface on when I walk into the stadium and turn off the party switch...I am there to watch the football game.  I do as much socializing as I can while tailgating, then tighten my jock and get ready for kickoff. That is me.

To each his own! I am fully aware that many others take a different approach to what they want from their time in Apogee and that's cool. We should all show up to every game and maximize what we each want out of the experience.  If the Touchdown Terrace makes you pop your cork, go for it! It is all GREEN and it is all GOOD.  JMHO.

I get that entirely.  I love the site lines and the buffet in the club, but I don't love that it's generally as quiet as Willis Library in the seats up there.  There's usually one random drunk dude (different guy each time) in my section screaming at the game, and people give him the stink eye. 

But then again, they sold out those cabanas in the first year, and I can't imagine that the site lines from those things is good at all.  Different people do indeed have different priorities, and their money spends just the same as mine does. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1