New Touchdown Terrace at Apogee

Harry

40 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I can see that Wren really has a thing for "premium" seating, but I'm just not seeing the value in this one.  If these had existed when Apogee had opened, I would most certainly have had no interest in them. 

You are sitting right on top of the action almost right on the field.  It's a much better viewing seat than the club although I think the regular sections like 105 are pretty sweet as well.   It looks like a more comfortable chair as well although I am not sure about that.

Just now, Harry said:

You are sitting right on top of the action almost right on the field.  It's a much better viewing seat than the club although I think the regular sections like 105 are pretty sweet as well.   It looks like a more comfortable chair as well although I am not sure about that.

I've gotten used to the high in the sky view.  I've gone down to 105 a time or two, and the perspective throws me off.  Hard for me to follow plays when looking at them from a level plane. 

I did, however, find myself in the north end zone for the winning touchdown against UTSA, and I have to say of all the plays I've ever seen at Apogee, including The Stand, being right on top of that play was the best moment I've ever had in the place. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Where did you get this information?  The ticket price is nearly double that of a club ticket.  How can they command such a premium for what I consider to be a lesser seat? 

That’s far cheaper than a Club seat.  Honestly, I am a little perturbed.  We paid multi thousands to get the Club level, now you can pay 1000 for a season and have full access to the club.  Most people never sit on their seats in the club anyway so you are giving 27 people access to the club for a much cheaper price.  For my 4 seats and require donation it’s 3800 a season, on top of the large donation up front.  With this you skip the large donation and basically pay the same amount a season.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I've gotten used to the high in the sky view.  I've gone down to 105 a time or two, and the perspective throws me off.  Hard for me to follow plays when looking at them from a level plane. 

I think that club view is great for seeing the plays develop.  There is a reason the coordinators at most programs are up high.  Sidelines are great for hearing the game and seeing the players body language and seeing the coaches interacting with the team.  

38 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I think that club view is great for seeing the plays develop.  There is a reason the coordinators at most programs are up high.  Sidelines are great for hearing the game and seeing the players body language and seeing the coaches interacting with the team.  

You could have the best of both worlds and sit in rows 1-10 of sections 205-208.

• Lovely Take 2

20 hours ago, meangreanmick said:

That’s far cheaper than a Club seat.  Honestly, I am a little perturbed.  We paid multi thousands to get the Club level, now you can pay 1000 for a season and have full access to the club.  Most people never sit on their seats in the club anyway so you are giving 27 people access to the club for a much cheaper price.  For my 4 seats and require donation it’s 3800 a season, on top of the large donation up front.  With this you skip the large donation and basically pay the same amount a season.

Exactly why I bought the TD Terrace. I do not sit in my seat anyway and I get all the club perks and can always get out of the sun by sitting in the silver chairs at the silver tables just behind the club seats and see just as much as the person sitting in the club seats.

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2018 at 5:11 PM, oldguystudent said:

I can see that Wren really has a thing for "premium" seating, but I'm just not seeing the value in this one.  If these had existed when Apogee had opened, I would most certainly have had no interest in them. 

Most sports venues work this way. Been to a Cowboys game? Every nook and cranny is some kind of different "premium." The reality is we are trying to play with the big boys now in many regards. That takes money. The cabanas last year, now these. I like my regular seat on the 35 (would prefer 50 but can't afford it) but kudos to the department for trying to find every way possible to make money. They added the fancy seats in the old media seating at basketball last year too. It's about capturing dollars. They don't need 20,000 people to like those seats. They only need two dozen. Last I heard they were almost sold out of club seats so they need something premium to offer I'm sure.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You could have the best of both worlds and sit in rows 1-10 of sections 205-208.

Exactly! I do, and that is what I meant when I said that I selected for yardline and sightline.

35 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

It is. It was also unbearable vs Army. Being able to see every single missed defensive lineup and miscue during that one was miserable. 

It is like having a car with a stick! You are paying attention every second! Screw the hot dog!

• Upvote 1