Underdog Dynasty: Pre-Season Top 10

Talon90

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Until we beat FAU I just don't think we will get the respect we want and deserve.  Hopefully we can make that happen at home this season!

I agree Harry, FAU is that black cloud looming over our heads. I'm curious to see this year to last year. Last year, it just seemed like we could never one up them during the duration of the two games. At least we have a home field advantage, and beating FAU will change the minds of a lot of these sports writers gambling on them to take the conference in the coming years,,

• Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Until we beat FAU I just don't think we will get the respect we want and deserve.  Hopefully we can make that happen at home this season!

I would say we want respect, but won’t fully deserve it until we beat somebody. SMU is a must win for this, Arkansas would be ideal.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Harry said:

Truth be told, we don't deserve that "respect" currently after the two beat downs (and I mean beat downs) we took from FAU. FAU deserves the attention with the season they had last year. The Troy loss didn't help either. Hate to admit it but it's true. Thankfully, we'll have a chance to rectify this situation in the near future. Go UNT! 

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I guess the Sun Belt has jumped ahead of CUSA. Figures.....

On target!!! We are not going to get any respect until we avoid disaster games like the FAU and the NOB. Unfortunately, I also hate the fact NT first game against SMU is pretty much a must win...IMHO. It will take more than a month to recover from this game if its lost. I have faith that SL and company will take care of business.

• Upvote 2

On 8/7/2018 at 11:12 AM, Harry said:

Beating SMU and Arkansas (It's possible this year) would definitely help but I agree FAU right now is the CUSA team to beat along with LaTech in our division.  The more I read about La Tech the more I think they are going to be really good this year as well.  It's great that we have both of them at home this year.  If we can somehow replace the running game threat of Wilson and improve modestly on our scoring defense we should be in good shape.