• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
UNTLifer

Blake Patterson ?

Anyone know why he is gone?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

If only we had a beat reporter that could get to the bottom of this

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Ray 1

9 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Today's denton paper writes  patterson and the team parted ways.  Whatever that means.

Inquiring Minds want to know. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

Inquiring Minds want to know. 

He came to a fork in the road and took it.

giphy.gif

Based on the deafening silence, I suspect there are personal reasons and we really don't have a need to know. The team has suffered a loss but we have to scramble to find another punter and move on.  Four weeks from today the season begins...with any luck, we won't have to punt too many times.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Ray 1

4 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

He came to a fork in the road and took it.

giphy.gif

Based on the deafening silence, I suspect there are personal reasons and we really don't have a need to know. The team has suffered a loss but we have to scramble to find another punter and move on.  Four weeks from today the season begins...with any luck, we won't have to punt too many times.

Kudos. We sometimes forget that things happens beyond our understanding as adults removed 30 plus years from our university days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Does seem odd to me. UNT to JUCO without a grade or discipline issue???  I do with him well and hope he finds a scholly if that is why he transferred.  Is there no way he could have earned that scholly at UNT? Seems to me a decent punter is worth a scholly.  But, I love special teams guys and think they are often under-appreciated at many programs. Hope that isn't the case at UNT.

Didn’t I read somewhere about a violation of team rules lead to Blake being dismissed? Anyways, best of luck to him at TJC and I hope he catches on somewhere after that.

• Ray 1