DRC: UNT enters fall practice with burning desire to improve

Brett Vito

I know for most (like me) every game seems like the most important.

But that first game vs SMU is so big as far as measuring sticks go. Take the fact that it's SMU out of the equation.

They are still really talented and this could be a close game. We need Apogee to be ROCKING for that game.

Seems like a big win maybe confirms what we may think about this team. A loss? Some question marks may remain. We win and we could be looking at a 10 win season...we lose and I won't know what to think about the team. Who knows....maybe those close wins from last year do turn the other way this year....

It just feels like there's a lot riding on the first game of the season as far as measuring stick.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Seems like a big win maybe confirms what we may think about this team. A loss? Some question marks may remain. We win and we could be looking at a 10 win season...we lose and I won't know what to think about the team. Who knows....maybe those close wins from last year do turn the other way this year....

It just feels like there's a lot riding on the first game of the season as far as measuring stick.

You read my mind.

• Ray 2

Two quick thoughts...

I've been approached by many people that know I'm a fan.  They all say that they're "thinking" about going to the game.  "My wife and I might go to the first game."  "Some of us were talking about tail gating at the first game."

I don't know how, but I'd like to see something that would stir people to actually put down their money.  Hopefully for season tickets but at least for the first game.  And second,

This is the type game that is a trap for North Texas.  Everything looks like it's set for wall to wall fans at Apogee.  Plenty of hype and lots of high expectations. 

How many times have we been set up for success and fall flat.  I think this staff will keep our players grounded but we must take care of business right from the start. 

I hope our fans will be in their seats well prior to kickoff.  I'd like to see a full house when the team takes the field.  I just can't wait.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Ray 2