Boycott the DMN and SmU Alum

10 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

They FREQUENTLY snub us.  There's usually at least a handful of dmn articles about SMUt football every week, but they barely cover us.  Now that may be because the DRC,  but still. This particular article snub is noteworthy because of how successful we've already been with our 2019 recruiting class.

Here's to hoping the cannon makes peruna run away from his handlers because it goes off so many times.  September 1st cannot get here soon enough.

Here's hoping that Boomer scares the living shit out of Peruna and the cheerleader that takes refuge under him! It HAS happened before.

200.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Ray 1

10 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

All on Twitter should qoute tweet ever offer letter you see to @ejholland247. That is a BS excuse. He blows up SMU every chance he gets and takes a shot at UNT every chance. He is a joke

That's because he knows we're kicking their asses this year.  Friggin' A hole!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1

On 8/1/2018 at 11:05 PM, peanuts104 said:

Here's to hoping the cannon makes peruna run away from his handlers because it goes off so many times.  September 1st cannot get here soon enough.

Peruna unlikely to travel. Mascots don't usually travel and home stadiums don't typically like other animals pooing everywhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

How can I boycott something that I already don't patronize? 

Question, no info. 

If a GMG.com army of 100 people boycott the DMN, and 97 of them aren't subscribers, how much revenue will the DMN miss? Will the author not be able to buy a sammie next week, or will the entire staff starve for a month?

(I think emails/tweets work best)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/2/2018 at 9:46 AM, emmitt01 said:

So I assume if it were a conservative newspaper in Dallas they would cover North Texas more?  

If you read the text...."tunnel vision" then you realize they can't say anything good unless your SWC/Big12 or hometown SMut. And perhaps they would cover UNT more if they were a more conservative paper...but that point will never found out.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/2/2018 at 8:54 AM, RBP79 said:

The writers at DMN are just lazy. If they have to do any kind of research it want get published...they will grab it off the internet. But someone tell me when the DMN was ever positive about NTSU/UNT. Typical big city liberal news paper with tunnel vision..and the sports page just continues that logic.

They are lazy and not just about sports either. Believe it or not, Kilgore over here in East Texas hosts an amazing professional  Shakespeare Festival every summer.  But does the DMN  theater critics ever drive over and write about it it? Nope, they just prefer to review stuff from NYC. They also heap undeserved praise on the vastly over-rated Dallas Shakespeare festival which probably has a bunch of SMU theater kids in it. Sorry to deflect from football, but it's a pet peeve of mine with the DMN. And how hard would it be to include UNT in their football section?  I still miss the Times Herald. 

• Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, All About UNT said:

What's so hard to understand here? Liberal Rag likes to cover far more perceptively Conservative schools over far more Liberal school in Denton.  Makes sense right guys? I mean the logic is there you just can't see it Emmitt 

Are you encouraging political discourse in the football forum again?

Rick

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

41 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Spare me Rick. I didn't see you activated when he made those comments earlier lol. You're right though. We should consider deleting his comment and every subsequent comment regarding that matter..

Thats right,  I've stayed out of it like we're supposed to.  I'm just asking  in case those double standards have been lifted?  

IMG_7472.PNG.144af52614ce68417ed63b6c8cb51c90.PNG

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

18 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Guys drop it  please.

I am feeling football season starting and all the offseason BS needs to end! 

I think it is just the off-season aggression that has built up and needs an outlet. Once the ball is snapped and they can fire out and hit someone, they will settle down.

200w.gif

1 minute ago, EagleMBA said:

I think it is just the off-season aggression that has built up and needs an outlet. Once the ball is snapped and they can fire out and hit someone, they will settle down.

200w.gif

I agree but I would like to tie it to the snaps now as  fall practice starts in august. As people come  back to the forum as the practice gets rolling again we don't need any undo drama in the football forum. It can stay back here.  Or we can have mean green celebrity boxing at Tailgate this year with proceeds donated to the scholarship fund to get all the aggression and frustrations with each other out so we can get along.