Boycott the DMN and SmU Alum

Man it's crazy how you forget a DFW University that has over 36,000 students.. coming off back to back bowls... And over 100,000 alum just in the DFW area... but they didn't forget the little ponies. That is prolly because infamous SMU alum EJ Holland wrote the article.. everybody send your thoughts to @ejholland and @dallasnews on Twitter this is an absolute joke.

• Thanks 3

so they suck, but i'm not boycotting print media...it is a dying breed due to instantaneous media of twit/fb/insta/whatever....i enjoy few things more than reading a paper with coffee(beer, depending on when i get around to it) and will continue to do so...i also will also read real book, not online/downloadable to read on a tablet/phone/whatever.

dmn missed out on this, but they hit on most everything else

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, THOR said:

so they suck, but i'm not boycotting print media...it is a dying breed due to instantaneous media of twit/fb/insta/whatever....i enjoy few things more than reading a paper with coffee(beer, depending on when i get around to it) and will continue to do so...i also will also read real book, not online/downloadable to read on a tablet/phone/whatever.

Winner....agree completely. Nothing better than the Chronicle and Morning News and a cup of coffee in the morning.

Well, something was better, but that was when I was younger and before prostate cancer hormone treatments. 😂😂😂

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

23 minutes ago, THOR said:

check out the athletic DFW. Some amazing writers. Alot of UNT alums. And they have ran more stories about mean green football in the last 3 weeks than dmn in the last 3 years. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, THOR said:

I also prefer reading the paper as oppossed to an electronic version, but the DMN is nothing more than cat box/bird cage liner.  Won't spend a dime on their opinionated garbage.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

Ha.  That stuff doesn’t bother me, he can exclude us all he wants.  

A. The guy is Obviously a homer.  His list is just Big 12 schools and SMU.   A pathetic transparent message.  Keep dreaming dude, it’s never gonna happen 

B. Out of all the schools, SMU’s graphics looks the worst.   

Social Media outlets moves much faster than a newspaper.  Even if it’s online articles.  

I wouldn’t waste my time getting mad at him.   When he continues to completely ignore UNT, while they’re trending upwards, eventually someone in his organization will question his methods. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, THOR said:

They FREQUENTLY snub us.  There's usually at least a handful of dmn articles about SMUt football every week, but they barely cover us.  Now that may be because the DRC,  but still. This particular article snub is noteworthy because of how successful we've already been with our 2019 recruiting class.

Here's to hoping the cannon makes peruna run away from his handlers because it goes off so many times.  September 1st cannot get here soon enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

I sent him a nice email asking him to add UNT.  He responded quickly with “I could not find a recruit that tweeted a UNT offer letter“.  Any of you hip in the twitterverse willing to please  email all of them to him?

All on Twitter should qoute tweet ever offer letter you see to @ejholland247. That is a BS excuse. He blows up SMU every chance he gets and takes a shot at UNT every chance. He is a joke

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

SMU is in Dallas (DMN), I'm sure the hometown Denton newspaper, has alot of coverage on SMU?

We're not expecting 30 UNT articles a month, but when you make a list of all the "area" schools(Including OU and TCU) and don't include us, that's a crock of shit

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

The writers at DMN are just lazy. If they have to do any kind of research it want get published...they will grab it off the internet. But someone tell me when the DMN was ever positive about NTSU/UNT. Typical big city liberal news paper with tunnel vision..and the sports page just continues that logic.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

HORRIBLY weak excuse.....they were all over twitter yesterday

(and by the way....no other letter holds a candle to ours....kudos to our graphic design team)

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

56 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

SMU is in Dallas (DMN), I'm sure the hometown Denton newspaper, has alot of coverage on SMU?

Except in the grand scheme of things, no one in Dallas cares about SMU

As for reaching out to the writer....make sure we're not rude.

I think the best thing UNT fans can do it just show our numbers when something like this happens...we are not the apathetic group that was here several years ago. People are taking notice and now alumni are taking notice....I would like to see UNT alumni start pushing back. We have what most don't.....NUMBERS.

It's why deep down inside....we are threatening to a school like SMU because they don't have the numbers. If this thing continues on the path it appears to be on....they're going to have to watch as the "giant" does indeed awake. They'll never admit it and they'll always look down on us....because you now...SWC and stuff. But they're a nobody to everyone that is not associated with SMU or holds on to fond memories of 1982. So again...despite their little efforts to keep us as irrelevant....they will have no control over it.

So when we see things like this.....I say pound them on social media and comment sections and show our sheer numbers.

They'll start saying:

"Whoa.....what's going on in Denton?"

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

SMUt has the numbers that matter to most people, the over one billion dollar endowment. Until we improve ours we aren’t going to get as much respect, so matter how many alumni we produce.

I hear you but everyone knows SMU has money. They’ve never turned that endowment into sustained on field success or real athletic support. 

What I'm saying as far as perception goes....the more UNT alumni that speak up....the better the perception will be.

If we're going to continue to be seen as apathetic towards athletics (which we're improving in that aspect) then yes, the respect won't be there.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

The writers at DMN are just lazy. If they have to do any kind of research it want get published...they will grab it off the internet. But someone tell me when the DMN was ever positive about NTSU/UNT. Typical big city liberal news paper with tunnel vision..and the sports page just continues that logic.

So I assume if it were a conservative newspaper in Dallas they would cover North Texas more?  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 2
  • Downvote 2