North Texas Football Coach Seth Littrell Previews His Team in 2018 | Stadium

BIMG

• Harry featured this topic

Nice video, but can we get Littrell some better furniture? Honestly, I think that is the same cheap IKEA looking stuff from when Dodge was coaching. All of Littrell's stuff is crammed onto those small shelves. Baker needs to renovate Littrell's office. It should impress people when they walk in there. My office looks better then that, and no one is paying me a million dollars a year.

Not saying we need to go as far as Notre Dame or OK State, but you get the picture..

https://youtu.be/t9xlz3ExbpM

https://youtu.be/JpwSsM1TRVY

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Nice video, but can we get Littrell some better furniture? Honestly, I think that is the same cheap IKEA looking stuff from when Dodge was coaching. All of Littrell's stuff is crammed onto those small shelves. Baker needs to renovate Littrell's office. It should impress people when they walk in there. My office looks better then that, and no one is paying me a million dollars a year.

Not saying we need to go as far as Notre Dame or OK State, but you get the picture..

Agreed.  It would have been nice if prior to the shoot the two tubes of window caulking in the plastic bag were removed from the cadenza.  That being said I did like seeing the can of Copenhagen on the desk.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Quick - let's strike down everything and go for Oregon. 

/s

• Lovely Take 1

Let's hope that we get a serious update when the Athletics Center gets expanded in this next year (or two).  

The Center itself still looks pretty good but the major offices need plenty of work.  Since the addition will be toward the stadium, I expect the AD and coaches offices will be relocated there with a view of the playing field. 

The expansion toward the south should update the weight room to the size and standard of at least any G5 and likely better than many of the P5s.  The improvements in the current building should update the locker rooms.

We may not be an Oregon, Notre Dame or Oklahoma State but we definitely won't be an embarrassment.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Lovely Take 1

25 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

Let's hope that we get a serious update when the Athletics Center gets expanded in this next year (or two).  

The Center itself still looks pretty good but the major offices need plenty of work.  Since the addition will be toward the stadium, I expect the AD and coaches offices will be relocated there with a view of the playing field. 

The expansion toward the south should update the weight room to the size and standard of at least any G5 and likely better than many of the P5s.  The improvements in the current building should update the locker rooms.

We may not be an Oregon, Notre Dame or Oklahoma State but we definitely won't be an embarrassment.

The AC is fine and a huge improvement over what we had before (believe me it was bad) but I always felt it was too small.

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I like his office, it shows to me; he doesn't care about that kind of stuff.  My guess is that he thinks there are a myriad of things that NT needs more than a fancy office.  

I can respect that. But, the head coaches office is a place where you sell the program. It needs to have some character and project refinement. Right now we don't appear to have that. Littell's desk looks like they pulled it out of some freshman's dorm room.

I know the athletic department has a interview background with the logo all over it. Or, the department could have set up a space in the club level of Apogee, looking down over the field.

• Thanks 4
  • Downvote 1

We have repeatedly complained about the meager (relatively, compared to P5) money being put toward good use, but we want them to spend it on an office?  Hell no.  Make a nice recruit meeting room or something, or take them to the gym or our future indoor practice field. What the hell does an 16, 17, 18 year old care about a damn office?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

29 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

We have repeatedly complained about the meager (relatively, compared to P5) money being put toward good use, but we want them to spend it on an office?  Hell no.  Make a nice recruit meeting room or something, or take them to the gym or our future indoor practice field. What the hell does an 16, 17, 18 year old care about a damn office?

Well, a teen recruit out of Southlake might take visual notes of an office!

4 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I can respect that. But, the head coaches office is a place where you sell the program. It needs to have some character and project refinement. Right now we don't appear to have that. Littell's desk looks like they pulled it out of some freshman's dorm room.

I know the athletic department has a interview background with the logo all over it. Or, the department could have set up a space in the club level of Apogee, looking down over the field.

I doubt LIttrell uses that office in recruiting.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Well, a teen recruit out of Southlake might take visual notes of an office!

I would say I doubt they would but recently I've been seeing a girl (we're both in our mid 20s for perspective) that grew up in the Southlake area.  She would notice the office finish lol, so you might be onto something.  I still doubt that's what influences teenagers on what school to accept a scholarship to.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It’s not just the kid it’s also the parents, and  other key family members who sit in that office.   It matters.

now what I will state is Littrell’s office has one of the nicer views of the stadium which you don’t see from the video.

8 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

A downvote does not answer my question about what a teenager thinks about an office.

Well, it might give an impression of how committed a program is to football.

I really don't think it is asking too much to spend $5,000- $7,000 on a nicer desk, chair with the eagle logo, and some matching shelves.