MGN Podcast 103: CUSA Kickoff 2018

aztecskin

43 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

https://meangreennation.com/103-cusa-kickoff-2018/

@Aldo and I were there. We are here. We talked about things.

Can I make a suggestion? I was surprised to see this. I went back to the site every once in a while this summer and always thought: oh too bad nothing is happening its dead during the off-season. Then I saw this and only then realized that you had the site very much alive and not dead, but because the featured stuff was at the top and was older stuff, I never scrolled down to where the current stuff actually is, so I completely missed that you had kept at it. I wonder if this might have happened to others. I suggest keeping one new post at the top before the features, and the rest below it.

On the positive side I now get to read up on all the stuff you put out there during an exceptionally slow dead season throughout the college football universe

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Can I make a suggestion? I was surprised to see this. I went back to the site every once in a while this summer and always thought: oh too bad nothing is happening its dead during the off-season. Then I saw this and only then realized that you had the site very much alive and not dead, but because the featured stuff was at the top and was older stuff, I never scrolled down to where the current stuff actually is, so I completely missed that you had kept at it. I wonder if this might have happened to others. I suggest keeping one new post at the top before the features, and the rest below it.

On the positive side I now get to read up on all the stuff you put out there during an exceptionally slow dead season throughout the college football universe

That's good feedback. I will keep that in mind. The spring/summer time was break time so there was not much there. I anticipate a slow trickle of traffic but since I'm not posting regularly, I don't expect readers to check in. Traffic and interest usually pick up right around the beginning of August so the featured stuff will rotate.

You bring up a good point: that I need to add some markers for the current stuff for those unfamiliar.

tl;dr: The way you experienced the site was expected behavior. I anticipated people returning about this time and the catch up is a bonus.

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Turner Gill (Liberty Head Coach) was a Graduate Assistant coach at UNT in 1990.  I listened to 2 MGN podcasts this morning.  I don’t recall if this question came up in this podcast or the other. 

Turner Gill also received his degree from UNT.

Link:

https://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?pid=37305&TeamID=9&CoachID=1299

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Interesting.  I see he played football at Nebraska.  

If he was a GA here I have to assume it was a grad degree, right?

edit: I would be incorrect:

Gill completed his bachelor's degree in behavior analysis at North Texas in 1990

How are you a grad assistant if you never got your BA???

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1