Mason Fine Bench Pressing 315

SUMG

39 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I bet he'll be able to throw a football over that mountain.

That...but I was also thinking that, if the OL can't keep those hulking DLs off of him, he could throw those defensive asses down when they got to him.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

It is a Fine line for a qb to bulk up and not effect his throwing motion. The conditioning staff knows this and has done a great job. The weight room remodel is finishing up and hope to produce some pics soon. Coach has said it definitely helps on recruiting to have such a great looking  facility! GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 4

I'm a worrier so take this comment with a grain of salt...

I'm glad to see Mason bulk up for strength but I don't want to see bulging biceps that might affect his throwing motion.  

So, I'm glad that he can match the strength of a lot of linemen but from this point on just stay in shape, Mason.

The cherry on top has been his intense mental approach to improvement.  I believe that we'll see better production than last year (which was fantastic).

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I'm a worrier so take this comment with a grain of salt...

I'm glad to see Mason bulk up for strength but I don't want to see bulging biceps that might affect his throwing motion.  

So, I'm glad that he can match the strength of a lot of linemen but from this point on just stay in shape, Mason.

The cherry on top has been his intense mental approach to improvement.  I believe that we'll see better production than last year (which was fantastic).

When it was stated that he has just had a great spring, I don't think it referred to weight lifting. 

• Upvote 1