DRC: Rise of FAU, FIU changes power dynamic in C-USA

Brett Vito

14 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

"UNT lost to just to one C-USA school last season. FAU flexed its muscles while hammering the Mean Green 69-31 in the regular season and 41-17 in the C-USA title game."

I'm getting so tired of reading this.

I read the article, but I didn't see that. He either edited it, or I skimmed over it. 

Hopefully we win out in the long run. Looks like we are building a program and FAU builds teams. If FAU hits on jucos and p5 runoffs they will win and if a few miss they won't with the possibility of sanctions.

Hopefully FAU is undefeated going into our late Thursday night national TV game in apogee.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, RiseUNT said:

Hopefully we win out in the long run. Looks like we are building a program and FAU builds teams. If FAU hits on jucos and p5 runoffs they will win and if a few miss they won't with the possibility of sanctions.

Hopefully FAU is undefeated going into our late Thursday night national TV game in apogee.

FAU is building a program, make no mistake. They are investing into their coaches and now more into their facilities. They are building their brand, just like we are building our brand. Just because Kiffin goes after guys that are a little more chancy than we do, doesn't mean he's not building a program. Remember, there are 85 scholarship players allowed. Do you think Kiffin has 85 past, present, or future felons or a bunch of class A misdemeanors? I doubt it. To boot, since he has arrived, has that program had any real negative off the field publicity outside of the recruits he chooses to bring in? I haven't heard a peep. And if there has been some, they've been quite peeps. 

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

A little over halfway down.  It's still there.

Vito needs to go ahead and exit stage left. Dude drags this program down moreso than he brings positive publicity to it. I get it, he's a beat writer and not a paid athletic department employee and reporting the news is reporting the news. But he doesn't report the news. He brings in 6 month-1 year-and sometimes 2 or 3 year old stuff into his present articles as if he's twisting a knife purposefully. It's as if he does it with an almost egregious demeanor. If I didn't know any better, and I may not, it's as if he has some sort of vendetta with the program/sitting coach to the point of not being able to control his own narcissism in his writing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

The storylines of the FAU @OU matchup are getting pretty intense.  Now it turns out that FAU's QB will be Chris Robison, a 4-star from Mesquite who originally signed with OU.   FAU has some major weapons - including Motor at RB - and could give the Sooners all they can handle.

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/oklahoma-football-florida-atlantic-s-lane-kiffin-talks-season-opener/article_b6f0d4b2-8b6f-11e8-8281-5b53626de4e4.html

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

The storylines of the FAU @OU matchup are getting pretty intense.  Now it turns out that FAU's QB will be Chris Robison, a 4-star from Mesquite who originally signed with OU.   FAU has some major weapons - including Motor at RB - and could give the Sooners all they can handle.

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/oklahoma-football-florida-atlantic-s-lane-kiffin-talks-season-opener/article_b6f0d4b2-8b6f-11e8-8281-5b53626de4e4.html

I hope FAU wins

• Upvote 4