How Many Yards for Mason Fine?

Mason Fine’s 2018 Production  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards will Mason throw for this year?

• Less than 1500
    • 1500-2500
    • 2501-3500
    • 3501-4000
    • 4001-4500
    • More than 4500

14 hours ago, greenminer said:

Unless we put an OL guy at the RB position, this logic is not convincing to me.

Wilson was a great pass blocker, but I realized his great blocking ability because he had to be great. Would I have noticed his skills if he was never asked to make up for missed blocks by the O-line? 

Others may have noticed his ability prior to last season, but I didn’t.  This is the angle I’m coming from. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I don't know who decided that, unless you did.  But to expect any of them to pass block at the level of senior-year Jeffery Wilson is simply unrealistic.  It's like expecting whoever our kicker is to kick with the same consistency as senior-year Trevor Moore.

I understand what you’re saying, but I also think the coaches know the reality of their RB pass blocking situation.  There might be a drop off, but maybe these coaches might know what they’re doing. 

Trevor Moore was a beast.  We didn’t replace our punter from two years ago very easily, and I don’t expect miracles in the PK situation either. I do expect the coaches to coach up the players. 

8 hours ago, Felozano said:

Wilson was a great pass blocker, but I realized his great blocking ability because he had to be great. Would I have noticed his skills if he was never asked to make up for missed blocks by the O-line?

I am thinking of his ability to pick up the blitz.  Not necessarily the job of the OL.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

I am thinking of his ability to pick up the blitz.  Not necessarily the job of the OL.

That’s fair.  They all work together to protect.  I also see the QB getting rid of the ball in a timely fashion AND the receivers quickly getting open as part of the equation.  They’re going to be an exciting team to watch this season!  GMG!

Edited by Felozano
  • Upvote 1