North Texas Eagle Midyear Report

I'm ready and prepared to get dogpiled for this but.....

This kind of info really tells me nothing- 

Kuehne is a very good QB prospect with a very bright future and a ton of potential

Jevin Murray (Shadow Creek) is one of the top defensive backs in the state.   He can be an instant contributor for defensive coordinator Troy Reffett’s defense.

He comes from the same school as Derrick Shaw a defensive tackle signee from last year class that the staff is very excited about.   Demeco is another guy with a lot of potential.

This kind of info gives me something to work with-

have versatility to play both linebacker positions and the potential to move down to defensive end.  The fourth linebacker commit Kevin Wood (Judson) is listed at 6-0 200, and on film is a tackling machine with a nose for the ball.

I appreciate all the info but tell me what/who I'm reading about. Who does he remind you of? What's your opinion of him? Where do you see him fitting in? What kind of player is he at the high school level? 

Telling me he's a three star with tons of potential doesn't help me much. Telling me he could be the next coming of Jonas Buckles makes me want fall camp to start tomorrow. 

Just a little constructive criticism and something to chew on. Again, love the recruiting info but it's hard for me to identify to a star rating and or "potential."  

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 4
  • Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, meanrob said:

I'm ready and prepared to get dogpiled for this but.....

Just a little constructive criticism and something to chew on. Again, love the recruiting info but it's hard for me to identify to a star rating and or "potential."  

I would ask him whether he's writing for the casual Mean Green fan or the GMG.com board.  The board talks about nearly every vein of the program in detail, day after day, and we have hours of college football reading under our belts.  it's hard to read the normal stuff after a while.  It's probably even harder for an author to come up with something we haven't already seen/heard.

Not saying you're wrong, just consider who he's writing for.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Thank you for the construction criticism I really appreciate it. It's hard giving an overview of a class that has 14 kids is tough. I was already at 1200 words so I was trying to cut down on breaking down each individual recruit. I didn't want some readers to get bored. 

The three players you wanted more info about.

Will Kuehne is a converted safety. Can make every throw on the field you need to make. A student of the game. The athletic ability to play other positions than QB if needed.

Jevin Murray has been described to me as a playmaker. He can be a CB or Safety at the next level. Can cover and not afraid to tackle.

Demeco is a big bodied defensive lineman. That has raw athletic ability. Derrick Shaw was smaller but made up for it with technique. Demeco is the size Derrick lacked. But lacks the technique. One year with Yellock and he will be on the field like Novil this passed year. 

Let me know if you got any more! 

I appreciate you taking it in stride. Was only offering up a suggestion. Just letting you know that for us not heavily into the recruiting scene a comparison or a bit of a description goes a long way. Keep up the great recruiting updates. Thanks, again. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, meanrob said:

I appreciate you taking it in stride. Was only offering up a suggestion. Just letting you know that for us not heavily into the recruiting scene a comparison or a bit of a description goes a long way. Keep up the great recruiting updates. Thanks, again. 

Hope I didn't come off as rude. I didn't mean it that way. Thank you for the suggestion. I always like constructive criticism only way to improve

• Upvote 5

• Harry unpinned this topic