DRC: Former Argyle QB Aune added to UNT's roster

Brett Vito

17 minutes ago, Marty said:

Welcome aboard Austin. 

Whatever happened to Spencer Edwards? 

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/spencer_edwards_1023919.html

You know that's a great question.  He was on the roster and played in the SMU game and just flat out disappeared.  If anyone knows where he landed let us know.

18 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

You can’t overstate the importance of finding the next great QB for North Texas. Exciting times! 

The nice thing about Aune is that even if it doesn’t work out at QB — he is athletic enough to play other positions.

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

While looking for Spencer Edwards at Arkansas, I happened to see a Austin Aune, Fr, QB  from Argyle.  Someone somewhere is mistaken. 

Arkansas hasn't removed him yet. Keyword everywhere being "transferred"

• Lovely Take 1

I will never understand Vito’s disdain for “former walk-on” Quinn Shanbour. Yes Vito, he isn’t all conference like Mason but he did come into the Iowa game ice cold and drop a perfect dime for a touchdown on a Big 10 defense so maybe he isn’t as worthless of a backup as you would make him out to be.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 3

On 7/9/2018 at 6:43 PM, Harry said:

The nice thing about Aune is that even if it doesn’t work out at QB — he is athletic enough to play other positions.

So that had me try to find his measurements.  In one of the stories they listed him as 6-2 190 lbs.  Hopefully he has grown a little for either the QB position or another position. When a player transitions from being a QB to another offensive position they usually bring a better understanding of how to makes route adjustments to help the QB.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Lovely Take 1

On 7/12/2018 at 11:09 PM, Cr1028 said:

I will never understand Vito’s disdain for “former walk-on” Quinn Shanbour. Yes Vito, he isn’t all conference like Mason but he did come into the Iowa game ice cold and drop a perfect dime for a touchdown on a Big 10 defense so maybe he isn’t as worthless of a backup as you would make him out to be.

I thought I recalled Vito being ultra super fanboy for Shanbour before Fine was established as the conference first teamer that he is. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

I thought I recalled Vito being ultra super fanboy for Shanbour before Fine was established as the conference first teamer that he is. 

Hardly.  Of course, he wasn't initially a big Fine fan, either.  He guaranteed us that Fine would be "literally broken in half" against FBS competition.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

This is exactly the case. You would’ve thought Alec was a heiam winner Vito was so far up his behind. @oldguystudent you are thinking of the 2016 spring before Fine showed up. Vito was ready to name Alec the next Mitch Maher/Scott Davis but if memory serves, Shanbout outplayed him in the Spring game and Vito has been badmouthing Shanbour ever since.

If we’re all being honest, we’d all agree that no one saw Fine playing in 2016... so why wouldn’t Vito talk up Morris over Fine/Shanbour?

Morris started the year & ended the year after Fine got hurt.  Coaches got to see plenty of both. He was just better than Shanbour.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1