Joe Greene honors late wife with scholarship fund

Harry

Joe Greene met his wife Agnes at the University of North Texas over 50 years ago. This summer, Joe Greene was back near campus to announce the start of the Agnes Lucille Craft Greene Memorial Scholarship named in his late wife's honor. Agnes Greene passed away after battling breast cancer in 2015. The scholarships will be presented annually to students at North Texas whose parents have battled cancer, with breast cancer "being a particular focus since that tragically took her life."

“Not only the scholarship, but my kids, Major, Delon and JoQuel, they wanted to honor their mother in that way, to put a scholarship in her name at her school that she loved so much, to provide assistance to young people whose parents also had issues with cancer,” Greene said, via Steelers.com's Teresa Varley. “It’s a doubly important angle. It’s honoring her, and helping others. It’s important for me that Agnes, her name will be serving a wonderful purpose at North Texas and students will have an opportunity to extend their education.

read more:  https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Joe-Greene-honors-late-wife-with-scholarship-fund-119551445/

Joe Greene is a class act and has been a great ambassador for the University of North Texas.  The more I read about him and see videos of him the more respect I have for him.  I will always remember the Homecoming Video he narrated. I have seen at the games and at university functions but have never approached him because I am sure he gets a lot and I respect his space.   "Thanks Mean Joe"

• Upvote 2

He does a fundraiser in Dallas, every year. It's happened twice. My dad is a huge steelers fan and we've gone twice and had a pretty good time. There's a silent auction and a live auction and usually some pretty good food from restaurants around dallas. My dad won the trip to steelers training camp they auctioned last year and we had a really good trip. The event was held last weekend.