‘21 JUCO DT Demeco Roland (Hutchinson CC)

Harry

19 hours ago, greenminer said:

Question, when did we start relying on the 247 star rating system and not the Rivals? Is there a notable difference, such as one being composite? Does Rivals system still exist?

Yes, Rivals rating system still exists.  They have us 51st nationally in spite of not giving 3-star ratings to 3 or 4 of our recruits.  I don't understand why their rank is not included in the 247 composite some of the time.  

What concerns me is Scout.  It appears that if the third rating of the composite is blank, that's because they do not have the Scout rating.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Lovely Take 1

21 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Yes, Rivals rating system still exists.  They have us 51st nationally in spite of not giving 3-star ratings to 3 or 4 of our recruits.  I don't understand why their rank is not included in the 247 composite some of the time.  

What concerns me is Scout.  It appears that if the third rating of the composite is blank, that's because they do not have the Scout rating.

I believe Rival's rating is taken into account for the 247 composite rating. Scout I'm not so sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were included as well

• Upvote 1

On 7/11/2018 at 10:56 AM, GrayEagle said:

I did a little digging and found that Scout does not have a rating system.  Query the national rankings on Scout and it brings up 247 ratings.  I don't know the connection between the two; perhaps someone could find out.

The third rating could be ESPN.  They must do it for all of the FBS but only P-5 teams are shown on their individual ratings (unless all G-5s are lower than 75.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Based on how he wrote about his offers from Syracuse and Arkansas vs how he wrote about our offer, I am not confident he comes here. He seemed overly grateful and excited by the Syracuse and Arkansas offers and kind of matter of fact about our offer. I hope I am wrong and that he remembers that we have always wanted him when no one else did.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Venson said:

Based on how he wrote about his offers from Syracuse and Arkansas vs how he wrote about our offer, I am not confident he comes here. He seemed overly grateful and excited by the Syracuse and Arkansas offers and kind of matter of fact about our offer. I hope I am wrong and that he remembers that we have always wanted him when no one else did.

Coach Yellock is gone now.  He probably had a good relationship with him.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/17/2020 at 9:55 AM, meangreen11 said:

Any idea why?

Can't sign if you don't qualify.  May need another class or two and Tech didn't want to wait to see if he got his stuff together.  That or thinks he can get something better between now and February signing day.  Who knows.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2020 at 12:04 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

This kid has been a mess since he committed to us. If you are too stupid to get into Texas Tech, you have much bigger issues than playing football. Good luck to him, but no thank you. 

Has nothing to do with getting admitted to Tech, has everything to do with qualifying academically per the ncaa standard.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Gee, guess who has "de-committed" from TX Tech?

Image result for you get on guess gif

On 12/17/2020 at 12:04 PM, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

This kid has been a mess since he committed to us. If you are too stupid to get into Texas Tech, you have much bigger issues than playing football. Good luck to him, but no thank you. 

My quote still stands. This kid is a mess and not worth the headache

• Upvote 1