DMN: Best in Texas Rankings

12 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Thinking they will be better than a lot of people think this year. I believe their defense will surprise a lot of people

hope so... need coach bro to keep his job so they don't sniff around SL

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:
Rank/school Points
1. TCU (6) 91
2. Texas A&M (1) 89
T-3. Texas 73
T-3. Texas Tech (1) 73
5. North Texas 61
6. Houston 60
7. Baylor 48
8. SMU 47
9. UTSA 31
10. Texas State 21
11. Rice

12. UTEP 13

That would be a fun conference to play in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I dont think Littrell leaves for Tech or Kansas. If OKState come knocking though, he's probably outta here. Also, i disagree with the rankings. Houston is still a better team than us. And Baylor probably will be also... Too much talent in Waco. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

They must be smoking the good stuff at DMN....or this was a mis-print....they prefer to keep NT out of view to protect the other two major DFW universities from anything green.

Edited by RBP79
Left DFW OUT
  • Lovely Take 1

18 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Haven't seen this posted yet.

I'm sure Houston and SMU won't be happy, but we finally have a fair assessment from the DMN.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/06/27/best-texas-offseason-edition-withdarius-anderson-sewo-oloniluain-backfield-expect-run-heavy-offense-tcu-2018

Rank/school Points
1. TCU (6) 91
2. Texas A&M (1) 89
T-3. Texas 73
T-3. Texas Tech (1) 73
5. North Texas 61
6. Houston 60
7. Baylor 48
8. SMU 47
9. UTSA 31
10. Texas State 21
11. Rice

12. UTEP 13

I'd be more concerned if I thought they knew anything.  

"Houston landed Tennessee transfer quarterback Quinten Dormady this offseason, who is expected to battle with redshirt freshman Bryson Smith and 2018 signee Clayton Tune for the starting job."  Completely ignoring that the starter listed on the 2 deep is none of those.  Its the QB who started the last 4 games last year

"Houston Cougars head coach Tom Herman leads the team onto the field during the NCAA football game between the Lamar Cardinals and Houston Cougars at TDECU Stadium in Houston, Texas. "

Tom Herman isnt the UH head coach

6 hours ago, NTXCoog said:

I'd be more concerned if I thought they knew anything.  

"Houston landed Tennessee transfer quarterback Quinten Dormady this offseason, who is expected to battle with redshirt freshman Bryson Smith and 2018 signee Clayton Tune for the starting job."  Completely ignoring that the starter listed on the 2 deep is none of those.  Its the QB who started the last 4 games last year

"Houston Cougars head coach Tom Herman leads the team onto the field during the NCAA football game between the Lamar Cardinals and Houston Cougars at TDECU Stadium in Houston, Texas. "

Tom Herman isnt the UH head coach

Only way U of H can come close to P6 status?  #fakeP6

Edited by DeepGreen

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The first list is for most offensive firepower.

That would explain why Tech might get a 1st place vote.  No question UNT had a better offense than UH last year.  It will be interesting to see the impact Briles has.  The UH offense will definitely improve, but can it get to the level that FAU or Baylor achieved?

10 minutes ago, NTXCoog said:

That would explain why Tech might get a 1st place vote.  No question UNT had a better offense than UH last year.  It will be interesting to see the impact Briles has.  The UH offense will definitely improve, but can it get to the level that FAU or Baylor achieved?

Probably, the offense is super simple.  Add in what he learned from Kiffin in run game... could be trouble.