Hundreds gather at the Denton County Courthouse to protest Trump administration’s immigration policy

21 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You are high as a kite. Illegals pay more in taxes than they get out. They go to the neighborhood schools, where they live, where they pay rent that pays taxes that pays for their schools. They use fake social security numbers to work in kitchens that gets federal taxes and social security pulled out -- which they never get a refund OR get to use the social security benefits. When they lose their jobs, they don't get to file unemployment. They do NOT get free healthcare or food stamps. 

Just read about it: https://www.vox.com/2018/4/13/17229018/undocumented-immigrants-pay-taxes 

"The best estimates come from research by the Institute of Taxation and Economic Policy, a Washington, DC, think tank, which suggests that about half of undocumented workers in the United States file income tax returns. The most recent IRS data, from 2015, shows that the agency received 4.4 million income tax returns from workers who don’t have Social Security numbers, which includes a large number of undocumented immigrants. That year, they paid $23.6 billion in income taxes."

It is a well known statistic. 

Being concerned about something you care about is no reason to just make up worries and blame some population.

The reason the reservoirs are low is because we never build any new ones to keep up with the size of the metroplex. It is that simple. It is hard to get the public opinion on the side of common sense that allows us to build large public infrastructure projects. Instead, we over build, over destroy plant life for tract housing, create runoff that leads to flooding and there is NO space in the reservoirs to hold the excess run off.. We could save that water and use it over time. Instead, we just keep draining Lake Lewisville to water our green lawns... and for you to blame Mexicans.

You clearly don't understand the sacrifices that families make to send their children across the earth to try and find a better, non-violent life. You think people are used as pawns to make minimum wage here in South Dallas.. living in barely above poverty levels.. in pretty terrible school districts. Yes, that is living a true dream. They are stealing that life from Americans. 

you know what else is a major drain on our natural resources? far, far more than illegal-immigrant children?

not-illegal-immigrant children.

if we're really concerned for our natural resources, I'm assuming those are also advocating strongly for pro-choice legislation, or at the least funding for strong contraception education and distribution. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

conspiracy theories borne from nothing but his skin color and funny name, not a history of bankruptcies, failed businesses and a penchant for inflating considerably his personal wealth.  not to mention it has been a, usually as little more than placating window-dressing, a concession made by all presidential candidates for 50 years.  

but ok. I found an article dated 4/27/2011 entitled "Obama releases long-form birth certificate"...assuming that is the correct date, by my math that is 807 days into his presidency. it is day 537 of the Trump presidency, so he has 270 days to square things and you get to maintain intellectual consistency. 

I'll be sure to set an alert

No, conspiracy theories based on a three year delay..(I don't remember how long it actually was, Steamin said so, thus I was agreeing with him)...and if I recall, all kinds of questions surrounding his childhood, his education, the fact he was raised and influenced as a teen by the communist Frank Marshall Davis and  comments from his own family members who stated he wasn't born in Hawaii(grandmother Obama maybe?), plus his child hood living abroad etc.

Thanks for the alert though.   

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 8

-- How can you trust anyone that lies constantly...??  -- So much for the Christian/Jewish commandment of   " not bearing false witness". ---  Being in education, it also bothers me that he constantly calls people "bully names" (Little Rubio etc.) like some immature kid.  If the President can do it , does that mean every kid in school has permission to do it also without getting in trouble. ???    -- If you think so, then me calling him "Dishonest Donald" will not offend you. 

.This has nothing to do with which political party he is supposedly a member of ... just HIS character. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

15 hours ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

Being in education, it also bothers me that he constantly calls people "bully names" (Little Rubio etc.) like some immature kid.  

Yeah.....I bet you have a hard time sleeping at night, what with all the "bullying" going on?

IMG_7164.JPG.495883d201fcc011415be64fbdf674a3.JPG

Griffin's Trump decapitation photo.

IMG_7166.JPG.1081f1a42068b962070103cdd161646b.JPG

Snoop Dog shooting Trump in a rap video.

IMG_7165.JPG.17947d509092556122d3403f229d73d6.JPG

"I'd like to bomb the whitehouse"-Madonna

IMG_7169.JPG.c2802968c603fb3a3deb8d06e0b295f8.JPG

New York City's  Public Theater  during their Shakespear in the Park....stabs Trump to death during performance of Julius Caeser.

IMG_7170.PNG.b4952c84d3f600c62db047cb431de70a.PNG

Peter Fonda suggesting Trump's son Barron be kidnapped and caged with pedophiles.

Maxine Waters calls for physical confrontation against the Trump administration.

....and on and on.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 6

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

He has the best words and one of the best brains of any president. Highest IQ. 

Like when his uncle (John) told him about "nuclear" and Trump knew it was going to be something one day.  Amazing brain to know that something we developed and used before his birth was going to be something one day.. 

Speaking of which, did all of you see his recent pronouncement that he is "a very stable genius"?

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/politics/2018/07/12/trump-nato-press-conference-im-very-stable-genius/36811473/

How any of you can support this man without blushing is beyond me.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GTWT said:

Speaking of which, did all of you see his recent pronouncement that he is "a very stable genius"?

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/politics/2018/07/12/trump-nato-press-conference-im-very-stable-genius/36811473/

How any of you can support this man without blushing is beyond me.

I didn't see it, I heard it and laughed when he said it because I could tell he's mocking the press that calls him unstable and unintelligent. 

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 5

56 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I didn't see it, I heard it and laughed when he said it because I could tell he's mocking the press that calls him unstable and unintelligent. 

Rick

Your estimation of Trump's sense of humor is higher than mine.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

On 7/11/2018 at 7:31 PM, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Good catch, I missed my proof reading on a cell phone. I did mean Melania, the first lady. I don't know who Malania is though.. I was definitely NOT talking about her. I am talking about the one who lied on her first lady bio about graduating from Slovenia University with a design degree, but then changed it to read she paused her studies.  I am talking about the Yugoslavian resident who was living in the US permanently on a tourist visa and taking modeling jobs illegally. Illegally working here and stealing jobs from Americans should have voided her legal path to citizenship. She has not shown any documentation to prove otherwise... But really, should she have to? It's absurd, no?

Much like you saying he didn't provided ANYTHING for three years -- when he clearly and factually provided his short form birth certificate BEFORE he was elected. Which, by the way, proof of live birth forms are completely legal proof of birth and citizenship. That's how I got my passport and my two sons. So, you should re-check your honesty about this and stop blaming Obama for looney conspiracies based on his middle name, nationality of his father and his blackness.

Nope.  There's no need for me to check my honesty simply because you disagree with me politically.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

On 7/11/2018 at 8:01 PM, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Your tone really angers me. Seriously. That is a child, not an anchor. It takes a ton of hard work to be an immigrant, trying to not stick out and hope to get your child a better life. When you have a child here, you are NOT anchored. You will still get deported. You will get the choice to leave the child with a legal family member or take them back to the land they fled originally... Now with little roots to even help them. 

If the CHILD gets SNAP benefits - it is hardly milking the system. It is the barest of needs to nourish a CHILD. 

https://yourtexasbenefits.hhsc.texas.gov/programs/snap 

With a single child family eligible - the house can only make less than $1700 a month to quality for food assistance of $192 for the whole month. What a deal! Well worth the anchor. 

Go ahead, dehumanize struggling families if it makes you feel better. It certainly doesn't help your cause though. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemotiuk/2016/10/05/the-citizenship-and-immigration-problems-of-anchor-babies-and-surrogacy/#664ec25255b3

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

On 7/17/2018 at 10:53 PM, UNTLifer said:

This has to be a joke. You post an opinion story with conjecture and not stats as some validation of dehumanizing a baby and calling them an anchor? 

This article is about:

1) Wealthy enough foreigners who flying into the State (legally) on a travel visa and stay long enough in a club med style hotel until they give birth. That child then can be a US citizen -- which is a nice option to give your child. There is nothing illegal about this action, but it doesn't "feel" right, like it may be exploiting some loophole for person gain? I thought that was cheered by the libertarians and GOP? Either way, it is still the current law about being born on our land  and citizenship... fairly fundamental.. It doesn't speak to coming and declaring asylum and requesting a trial (which is legal too).

2) Then it attempts to touch on the ethics of surrogacy and nationality. Which has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this topic. It is something only the well off can even consider. Also, it should talk about the ethics of using the bodies of the poor for the gain of the rich family life. But alas, I thought using manual labor to line the pockets was something the GOP loved. 

In the end - in neither of these situations - is the baby a dead object holding something down.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

This has to be a joke. You post an opinion story with conjecture and not stats as some validation of dehumanizing a baby and calling them an anchor? 

This article is about:

1) Wealthy enough foreigners who flying into the State (legally) on a travel visa and stay long enough in a club med style hotel until they give birth. That child then can be a US citizen -- which is a nice option to give your child. There is nothing illegal about this action, but it doesn't "feel" right, like it may be exploiting some loophole for person gain? I thought that was cheered by the libertarians and GOP? Either way, it is still the current law about being born on our land  and citizenship... fairly fundamental.. It doesn't speak to coming and declaring asylum and requesting a trial (which is legal too).

2) Then it attempts to touch on the ethics of surrogacy and nationality. Which has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this topic. It is something only the well off can even consider. Also, it should talk about the ethics of using the bodies of the poor for the gain of the rich family life. But alas, I thought using manual labor to line the pockets was something the GOP loved. 

In the end - in neither of these situations - is the baby a dead object holding something down.  

Lighten up. You only post on here when you can claim racism or your  pissed about some political agenda. Loosen up, this is actually a sports site devoted to North Texas. May I recommend Salon.com. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Lighten up. You only post on here when you can claim racism or your  pissed about some political agenda. Loosen up, this is actually a sports site devoted to North Texas. May I recommend Salon.com. 

Well...then stop posting political op-eds. 

Stick to sports, Kaepernick. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Don't you have a protest to attend?

Soros' last two checks came back, so nah...I'm gonna work on stealing some Medicare benefits for the parents of anchor babies instead this weekend. 

You really see no logical disconnect between posting a political column and then making a stetemenr like you did?

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

On 7/20/2018 at 10:41 PM, Censored by Laurie said:

Soros' last two checks came back, so nah...I'm gonna work on stealing some Medicare benefits for the parents of anchor babies instead this weekend. 

You really see no logical disconnect between posting a political column and then making a stetemenr like you did?

What statement?  My goodness, you all quite/link Vox as a source.  Their facts as so slanted they could be called an op-ed site.  They are about as left as you can get.  Find something that isn't biased or without agenda. Tom Arnold, the cast of The View and Debra Messing also won't qualify. 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

What statement?  My goodness, you all quite/link Vox as a source.  Their facts as so slanted they could be called an op-ed site.  They are about as left as you can get.  Find something that isn't biased or without agenda. Tom Arnold, the cast of The View and Debra Messing also won't qualify. 

This is a run down of the three posts from Page 3, July 17th moving forward:

- UNTLifer: "Here's a political article (op-ed) that supports my world viewpoint"
 - SWB: "I vehemently disagree with the article (op-ed) YOU, UNTLIFER, just posted and here are my reasons why"
 - UNTLifer: "yo, calm down bro...this is a sports site...why are you getting all political?"

you don't get to, LOGICALLY, post something political, have it argued and then rather than arguing the argument...take umbrage with the argument being political.

had you posted an article about UNT Football and SWB responded with a diatribe about immigration, anchor babies and the class struggle...then you'd have a leg to stand on, LOGICALLY. 

but you didn't. so you don't.

as to the rest of your little rant...I'm lost. I haven't quoted Vox or any C-List liberal. I haven't quoted anyone. by my count I've made a half dozen posts in this thread...all satirical and condescending, sure...but none actually expressing a political opinion, but rather hoping, nay, yearning for some people to actually maintain and opine with something resembling intellectual consistency.

CBL Post 1: I'm pro-family, pro-children and pro-life vs. Unless you're a post-womb'd, illegal immigrant. Then, here's your cage.
CBL Post 2: The USA is over...we should just split up vs. But GD you stand for the flag and anthem 
CBL Post 3: apparently ignoring the WHY an American presidential candidate was forced into providing a birth certificate, 807 days vs. now 552 days
CBL Post 4: I'm actually both a humanitarian and a conservationist vs. both stop if it's not the brown people we're talking about
CBL Post 5: here, politics! vs. dude, no politics!
CBL Post 6: wait...you serious?

now...before you just go back to the bag and think the trusty 7-iron of "liberal", "bias", "agenda", "C-List celeb with an opinion" is going to be the right play, step back a moment...
- step out the yardage
- re-check the lie
- up-hill? down-hill?
- what is the wind doing?
- where is the pin...front? back? 
- have the greens been holding or should I go a club down and chase it on? 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

Yes, but interesting how? 

Interesting that one black pastor thinks that because of Trump's historical racism (under the guise of 'only caring about the color green') he really is trying to prove that he cares? 

Or interesting that nearly two years in office there hasn't been anything passed to correct the racial judicial inequalities? 

Or interesting that this pastor has the best gift of hyperbole like Trump?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

59 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Yes, but interesting how? 

Interesting that one black pastor thinks that because of Trump's historical racism (under the guise of 'only caring about the color green') he really is trying to prove that he cares? 

Or interesting that nearly two years in office there hasn't been anything passed to correct the racial judicial inequalities? 

Or interesting that this pastor has the best gift of hyperbole like Trump?

1.  Interesting that a black pastor believes Trump has done more than any president, and that he criticizes Obama for mailing it in.

2.  His historical racism?  Gee, before he was in office he was loved by Oprah, Jessie Jackson, Don King, many athletes of color, Al Sharpton, Mike Tyson, etc...

3.  Laying years of this at the feet of the current president is rather convenient.  Tell me what past presidents have done?  Are they all racist as well?  Expecting him to change history in less than two years is rather unrealistic, don't you think?  Yet, the pastor in this article states that Trump has done more than any president prior.  Guess you will ignore that since it doesn't fit your narrative.

4.  Opinion or fact?  I will go with opinion since the first sentence states that "Trump was lauded by inner city pastors..."  I don't see any of those pastors disputing Pastor Scott.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

1.  Interesting that a black pastor believes Trump has done more than any president, and that he criticizes Obama for mailing it in.

2.  His historical racism?  Gee, before he was in office he was loved by Oprah, Jessie Jackson, Don King, many athletes of color, Al Sharpton, Mike Tyson, etc...

3.  Laying years of this at the feet of the current president is rather convenient.  Tell me what past presidents have done?  Are they all racist as well?  Expecting him to change history in less than two years is rather unrealistic, don't you think?  Yet, the pastor in this article states that Trump has done more than any president prior.  Guess you will ignore that since it doesn't fit your narrative.

4.  Opinion or fact?  I will go with opinion since the first sentence states that "Trump was lauded by inner city pastors..."  I don't see any of those pastors disputing Pastor Scott.

1. One black pastor has the opinion that he may go down as one the most black friendly presidents. He explains, because he has more to prove - whereas Obama didn't. So he feels Obama got a pass and didn't do enough. Ok, I will take that. Why does Trump have more to prove? Because of #2.

2. He has been a historical racist. He believes in genetic superior races via some form of eugenics. He always talks about 'good genes' and 'breeding'. Brains (IQ), stature, athleticism... all coming down to 'breeding'. He expresses it in how he talks about children, sanctuary cities, immigrants, etc. 

He has also practiced illegal economic racisms with his housing discrimination -- clearly noted throughout his life court filings. 

So yes, he has some baggage to overcome if he wants to go down as the best friend of blacks. Hopefully he can do it. That would be awesome.

3. No. No. You are the one claiming this one pastor already claims Trump *is* the most black friendly president ever. When that is NOT what the pastor said.. he said "may go down". So if he *is* already -- then I lay it down at his feet and I look for evidence. Which currently I do not see. Hopefully I start to see some evidence, that would be great.

4. Trump got 8% of the black vote. EIGHT!  I think that is speaking out against him. You expect pastors to publicly dispute something ONE guy is saying ... even though the vote clearly indicates that 92% of the black voters voted against Trump? 

http://www.apnorc.org/PDFs/AP-NORC Omnibus February 2018/February 2018 Custom Poll Topline_FINAL.pdf
"The Associated Press/NORC Center poll, conducted in February, asked a series of questions on racial issues and surveyed a larger proportion of black adults than most polls do. The poll found, unsurprisingly, that 92 percent of blacks disapprove of President Trump, compared with 7 percent who approve of him. A whopping 84 percent of blacks think Trump is a racist, compared with 10 percent who do not."

• Asked if race relations in the U.S. are better, worse or about the same as in February 2017, about 7 percent of black respondents said better (I would assume the Trump backers), 65 percent said worse, and 27 percent said about the same.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

1. One black pastor has the opinion that he may go down as one the most black friendly presidents. He explains, because he has more to prove - whereas Obama didn't. So he feels Obama got a pass and didn't do enough. Ok, I will take that. Why does Trump have more to prove? Because of #2.

2. He has been a historical racist. He believes in genetic superior races via some form of eugenics. He always talks about 'good genes' and 'breeding'. Brains (IQ), stature, athleticism... all coming down to 'breeding'. He expresses it in how he talks about children, sanctuary cities, immigrants, etc. 

He has also practiced illegal economic racisms with his housing discrimination -- clearly noted throughout his life court filings. 

So yes, he has some baggage to overcome if he wants to go down as the best friend of blacks. Hopefully he can do it. That would be awesome.

3. No. No. You are the one claiming this one pastor already claims Trump *is* the most black friendly president ever. When that is NOT what the pastor said.. he said "may go down". So if he *is* already -- then I lay it down at his feet and I look for evidence. Which currently I do not see. Hopefully I start to see some evidence, that would be great.

4. Trump got 8% of the black vote. EIGHT!  I think that is speaking out against him. You expect pastors to publicly dispute something ONE guy is saying ... even though the vote clearly indicates that 92% of the black voters voted against Trump? 

http://www.apnorc.org/PDFs/AP-NORC Omnibus February 2018/February 2018 Custom Poll Topline_FINAL.pdf
"The Associated Press/NORC Center poll, conducted in February, asked a series of questions on racial issues and surveyed a larger proportion of black adults than most polls do. The poll found, unsurprisingly, that 92 percent of blacks disapprove of President Trump, compared with 7 percent who approve of him. A whopping 84 percent of blacks think Trump is a racist, compared with 10 percent who do not."

• Asked if race relations in the U.S. are better, worse or about the same as in February 2017, about 7 percent of black respondents said better (I would assume the Trump backers), 65 percent said worse, and 27 percent said about the same.

I would say race relations took a dive under Obama.

1.  One black pastor made that statement, many inner-city pastors lauded his efforts and none of them refuted his comments.

2.  Historically, he has gotten along well with black celebrities for years.  Why would they hang around if he were this overt racist?

3.   ""This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"   Stop splitting hairs.

4.  When did the statistic of who voted for Trump come in to play?  Oh, guess you needed that to fit your narrative although it has nothing to do with that article.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

I would say race relations took a dive under Obama.

1.  One black pastor made that statement, many inner-city pastors lauded his efforts and none of them refuted his comments.

2.  Historically, he has gotten along well with black celebrities for years.  Why would they hang around if he were this overt racist?

3.   ""This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"   Stop splitting hairs.

4.  When did the statistic of who voted for Trump come in to play?  Oh, guess you needed that to fit your narrative although it has nothing to do with that article.

1. I would say if they took it dive, it is because it is because people had to start addressing the elephant in the room - which led to the white population starting to feel like THEY are the most discriminated group in America.  I am happy that conversation finally started to take place. 
"Many inner-city pastors lauded" -- I guess I am missing that part. Who? Where? Huh?  The #4 that I brought up above is to point out that when SUCH a large number of a group is against that one comment getting press, it doesn't require nor is needed to cover that it the only reason it is a story -- is because he is in the vast minority. So it is quantifiable and repeatably validated, that Trump is not popular amongst blacks. They do not have to stand up and dispute what some pastor says -- and gets press. It is like the "Where are all the Muslim leaders when violence happens?!!?!? " argument. When some wild ass Muslim guy commits a crime -- it doesn't require Muslims everywhere to speak out and make you feel better. It should be obvious that Muslims are peaceful and are you neighbors and play on your college's football team. 

2. You listed black criminals and highly suspect people (minus Oprah -- which where you get that she 'loves' Trump -I have no idea). Why would they stick by him? The color green. It isn't because he is championing their causes. Trump said that himself about his relation with Sharpton. He said the relationship was built on his ability to land fights in Atlantic City and he thinks Sharpton is a conman. And Trump stayed close to him to get close to the other criminal - King. Nice list. 

3. "Probably" -- who is splitting hairs?

4. I already explained it above. It matters in that one guy's opinion isn't really *that* interesting, considering what the population as a whole thinks. THAT is interesting. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4