Mean Green Ditches Ticketmaster, Moves to Paciolan

DENTON – North Texas athletics announced today that it has entered into a partnership with Paciolan, an industry-leading ticketing, access-management and fundraising company. Paciolan is expected to help North Texas athletics enhance all donor and fan experiences while generating additional revenue. 

“Over the past few months we have made several changes to improve our customer service in the ticket purchase and donor processes,” Vice President and Director of Athletics Wren Bakersaid. “As we continue to search for ideas to streamline the customer experience for Mean Green fans, we believe Paciolan provides the best solution. One of our goals is to be an industry leader in making it easy and accessible for fans to enjoy UNT athletic events, and Paciolan provides better synergy across all of our platforms and should be the most seamless system to assist in that effort.”

LINK

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

A quick search shows these guys are the real deal, just have a name that is foreign to the great unwashed, such as myself. I would expect a good business decision from TheWren, and this looks like another winner. They are apparently owned by Learfield and have some high profile clients, besides us.

https://www.learfield.com/business/paciolan/

https://www.paciolan.com/

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

A quick search shows these guys are the real deal, just have a name that is foreign to the great unwashed, such as myself. I would expect a good business decision from TheWren, and this looks like another winner. They are apparently owned by Learfield and have some high profile clients, besides us.

https://www.learfield.com/business/paciolan/

https://www.paciolan.com/

Some of Paciolan's social media language seems to indicate they're a recent purchase of Learfield's.

• Thanks 1

They are a recent purchase of Learfield. From what I can tell, they’ve been a monster in the collegiate ticket world for a while though (OU, UT, Texas Tech, Mizzou, Alabama, Arkansas, Michigan, just to name a few of their clients). 

Thought this His was interesting too:

Under terms of the deal, Ticketmaster must license its ticketing software to Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) to help it become a viable competitor instead of a customer of Ticketmaster. In addition, Ticketmaster must sell its Paciolan primary ticketing division to Comcast-Spectacor, which currently controls much of Philadelphia’s sports, venue and ticketing ventures.”

LINK

Edited by DentonLurker
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DemolitionDan said:

Anything has to be better than Ticketmaster. The online interface was terrible 

Agreed. This seems like a small, simple step yet one we haven't taken for years. These little things on the field, off the field, all over the dept are adding up and building momentum. Really fun to watch.

• Upvote 2

Quick question..

I got an awesome Father"s Day gift this year, a season ticket. This will be my first time having season tickets. My wife could not tell me more in how I am to receive the tickets. Do I need to go to Denton? When I have called the ticket office I never get an answer.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

Things may have changed, but LAST YEAR we had the option of picking up in Denton. After a certain date, they were to be mailed. If it is possible for you, I recommend the personal pickup.

First, the ticket packages will probably not be ready to be released by any method until (I'm guessing here) mid-August. Second, I think I recall a nice little "release party" where you could also pick up a yard sign, posters, etc.

Disclaimer: I have NO inside info about what this year's plans are; haven't even heard any hot rumors.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

Things may have changed, but LAST YEAR we had the option of picking up in Denton. After a certain date, they were to be mailed. If it is possible for you, I recommend the personal pickup.

First, the ticket packages will probably not be ready to be released by any method until (I'm guessing here) mid-August. Second, I think I recall a nice little "release party" where you could also pick up a yard sign, posters, etc.

Disclaimer: I have NO inside info about what this year's plans are; haven't even heard any hot rumors.

FROM LAST YEAR:

North Texas will begin the one-month countdown to the start of football season with Mean Green Mania on Wednesday, Aug. 2, when fans can pick up their 2017 tickets and get an early look at the team.

The event will run from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and food and drink will be available throughout. Fans will be able to pick up their season tickets, join the Mean Green Club, and have the chance to upgrade or purchase new season tickets. The team store at Gate 2 will also be open for fans to shop for Mean Green gear, and fans can also pickup free Mean Green yard signs, schedule posters, and refrigerator schedule magnets.

There will be a live radio broadcast and hourly raffles, including a drawing for the day's grand prize: a trip with the team for an away game.

Single-game football tickets go on sale beginning at Mean Green Mania, and season tickets for men's and women's basketball will also be on sale. Any fan picking up tickets or buying new season tickets will receive an 2017 Light the Tower gameday t-shirt.

The event will take place at the Apogee Stadium ticket office and concourse near Gate 2.

Festivities get underway at 8 a.m. when juice, coffee, muffins and Danish will be served. At 10 a.m., the cuisine will switch to nachos, popcorn, hot dogs and Beth Marie's ice cream along with limited samples of the new brisket sandwiches that will be available at Apogee's concessions stands this season.

At 9 a.m., the football team will hold a practice in Apogee for fans to watch, and at noon head coach Seth Littrell, football student-athletes and Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics and director of athletics Wren Baker will speak to fans.

Gainesville radio station KGAF 1580 AM will broadcast live from the Apogee concourse from 5:30 to 7 p.m., a show that will preview the upcoming season in multiple sports.

The event will feature inflatables and Scrappy for kids. And for the adults, from 4 to 6 p.m. it will be happy hour on the Apogee concourse.

Parking will be available in the lot behind the wing.”

https://www.facebook.com/events/1563279813736762/?ti=icl

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NTFan11 said:

Do we have to create new accounts?

They did some sort of voodoo magic to transfer them over, but you should have received an email with instructions on how to confirm the transfer for it to complete.  That’s what I received anyway.  

Here is what I received (with my specific info X’d out):

Header

Dear XXXX,

In a continued effort to provide the best fan experience, North Texas Athletics is pleased to announce our partnership with PACIOLAN, the leading ticketing and donor software provider in college athletics. Click here to read full release.

As part of our North Texas Athletics enhancement we are rolling out a new way for you to manage your account online.

Your new account activation is available NOW!

Your Account Number: XXXXXX
Your PIN: XXXX

Please take a second to ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE! 

You will only need to activate your account once to enjoy the convenience of managing your UNT Athletics account online.

At your earliest convenience, please update your email subscription preferences by clicking XXXX and add ticketoffice@meangreenmail.unt.edu to your address book or safe senders list. This helps ensure you are receiving the North Texas Athletic emails that are most important to you.

We thank you for your continued support of Mean Green Athletics and your patience through this enhancement period. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 940.565.2527 or ticketoffice@unt.edu.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Ok maybe I’m doing something wrong...

I want to buy single game tickets in a particular section.  It looks like we don’t have that option anymore. 

I click “scholarship premium” and it defaults to section 105. I don’t want 105. I want 206. 

Do I need to call?

Maybe.  I just tried, and I can't get anything other than 105 either.  Could be the upper level is specific to season tickets. 

We just bought our single game tickets for the smu game and I was disappointed that I couldn't pick our seats. We were able to do that last year. But otherwise no problems with our new ticket company.