Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Arkansas game seating


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Did they say where the seats would be located? I don’t mind spending a little extra for tickets, but if they’re not goodish seats, I’ll go through a 3rd party site (I’m bringing my mom who is a huge Arkansas fan)

They didn't say, but I also didn't ask.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Visitor seating location is pretty much SOP throughout college football, in my experience. Look where OUR visitors sit.  My advice (you didn't ask but I'm giving it) is to buy your ticket from the Athletic Department. If you don't, you'll end up surrounded by Hogs who will be pissed when we win...and you will be boared throughout the game. As others have said, it is a lot more fun when you are surrounded by Green.

  • Upvote 5
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I just bought my tickets & apologized to my mom that she’s going to have to watch her hawgs lose in person.

DF2259BD-BE3B-4C3E-9954-C55AA67BC8EF.png

I will be there as well. I grew up in Arkansas and a win there would be glorious, absolutely glorious. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Did they say where the seats would be located? I don’t mind spending a little extra for tickets, but if they’re not goodish seats, I’ll go through a 3rd party site (I’m bringing my mom who is a huge Arkansas fan)

so we want to big time, but we don't want to pay for it...makes sense...you're a north texas fan...sit with your people.  

  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am with other people on here... sit with UNT people.  

Yeah, its in the corner of the field. But we will be a much better force sitting together vs sprinkled throughout the stadium

_______

Also, I wonder if the university will offer any kind of road trip package for students to get a bus ride to the game.  Would be pretty sweet!

Edited by MrStrange18
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pumped to see so many on here making the trip. This will be my first out of town trip since we opened at TU in austin a few years back. Hoping this is a much better outcome. I'll wait for the AD to release the tickets so at least my $$ goes to the school.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, THOR said:

so we want to big time, but we don't want to pay for it...makes sense...you're a north texas fan...sit with your people.  

You're accusing a fan willing to travel to an away game as being the problem? Makes sense...

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope ya'll have a great time in those good seats in the Arkansas section...

hog4.gif.7bf21b4ea687d5e41fbcb7aea84ab68c.gif call the hogs... hog3.gif.4272b0c756bbf0e9cd2977041c9eb206.gif

and make lots of new friends!

hog1.gif.d201ae9a2af6a7937b87d1ab60f70aa5.gifhog2.gif.d0ae121df18987b512474cd7e6d44792.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

When tickets re purchased through the NT ticket office, NT gets credit for the number of tickets sold.  I'd like to think that somebody in Hawg Land would look at the number of tickets sold at North Texas and think, "those fans in Denton are serious.  Maybe we ought to do a home-and-home with North Texas sometime."

Buy road tickets at North Texas. 

GO MEAN GREEN

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sit where you want to sit, but I have a feeling you'll regret your choice when NT wins, and you're surrounded by pissed-off Razorback fans rather than your own kind.

4 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

When tickets re purchased through the NT ticket office, NT gets credit for the number of tickets sold.  I'd like to think that somebody in Hawg Land would look at the number of tickets sold at North Texas and think, "those fans in Denton are serious.  Maybe we ought to do a home-and-home with North Texas sometime."

Buy road tickets at North Texas. 

GO MEAN GREEN

This would make sense if they weren't already getting to play in JerryWorld every single year.  No reason for them to come to DFW outside of that yearly trip.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

It’s all relative.   Which is different than Arkansas where they are all relatives.  

Arkansas, where the family tree is a vine.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  Arkansas isn't doing a home and home with us.  Jerry, U of A alum, will have them in his house forever especially with his grandson now part of the program.

2.  Arkansas will note how many tickets are sold to UNT fans by the green in the stands.  They don't really care where the revenue comes from as long as their seats are filled.

3.  I agree, sitting with your fellow UNT fans is the most fun, but at least people are going.  Criticizing them for their choice of seats is pretty ridiculous.

4.  I am the first Texan in my family with everyone prior to me being from Arkansas.  The experience of going to a game and hearing the "Calling of the Hogs" is something you won't forget.  I love all of the jokes and share many, but to see an entire state support a team is pretty cool.

5.  Either way, let's walk out of their with a win.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt sit in enemy territory if I were you. My in-laws are all Razorback fans and have been to a couple games at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock and they are rowdy individuals. You think UTSA fans are bad, UA fans make UTSA fans look like choir boys. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is another aspect to scattering out...actually two.  

The Athletic Department gets revenue from the tickets sold that come from their allotment from the University of Arkansas.  So if you buy elsewhere, UNT gets nothing.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, a few people sitting in the designated sections reflects poorly on our following the Mean Green.  Both the team and Arkansas fans eyes are drawn to our seating area and if they see very few fans sitting there they would tend to believe that there was little interest in the matchup.  Pockets of green scattered throughout that large stadium doesn't register as being very many.  

I remember reading once that someone posted that SMU only brought about a hundred fans to Fouts for a game against us.  In reality they had more than a thousand supporters but they were scattered throughout the stadium.  Now I don't know how many supporters follow the Mustangs but the perception is probably even worse than the actuality.

That perception could apply to our game with Arkansas.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

There is another aspect to scattering out...actually two.  

The Athletic Department gets revenue from the tickets sold that come from their allotment from the University of Arkansas.  So if you buy elsewhere, UNT gets nothing.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, a few people sitting in the designated sections reflects poorly on our following the Mean Green.  Both the team and Arkansas fans eyes are drawn to our seating area and if they see very few fans sitting there they would tend to believe that there was little interest in the matchup.  Pockets of green scattered throughout that large stadium doesn't register as being very many.  

I remember reading once that someone posted that SMU only brought about a hundred fans to Fouts for a game against us.  In reality they had more than a thousand supporters but they were scattered throughout the stadium.  Now I don't know how many supporters follow the Mustangs but the perception is probably even worse than the actuality.

That perception could apply to our game with Arkansas.

I can definitely vouch for this during their 2 visits to Apogee so far.   There are not nearly as many people in their designated section as there are sitting over on the Alumni side.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.