Arkansas game seating

p_phelps

1 hour ago, GrayEagle said:

The Athletic Department gets revenue from the tickets sold that come from their allotment from the University of Arkansas.  So if you buy elsewhere, UNT gets nothing.

So, do we get our appearance fee plus a cut of our tickets sold, or do we just get the flat fee?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

You're accusing a fan willing to travel to an away game as being the problem? Makes sense...

yes....it's awesome that the man wants to travel to arkansa, full disclosure:  i'm not going, but if you are making a trip on the road, you sit with our fans, you buy tickets through our office, you make sure that your hard earned money goes to our school.  

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

There is another aspect to scattering out...actually two.  

The Athletic Department gets revenue from the tickets sold that come from their allotment from the University of Arkansas.  So if you buy elsewhere, UNT gets nothing.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, a few people sitting in the designated sections reflects poorly on our following the Mean Green.  Both the team and Arkansas fans eyes are drawn to our seating area and if they see very few fans sitting there they would tend to believe that there was little interest in the matchup.  Pockets of green scattered throughout that large stadium doesn't register as being very many.  

I remember reading once that someone posted that SMU only brought about a hundred fans to Fouts for a game against us.  In reality they had more than a thousand supporters but they were scattered throughout the stadium.  Now I don't know how many supporters follow the Mustangs but the perception is probably even worse than the actuality.

That perception could apply to our game with Arkansas.

I went to the Arkansans/ Florida game last year with a friend that works at U of A.  We sat a few sections over from the visitors section, and even Florida looked like they did not travel well (as we sat by Florida fans) because of how puny the visitors section looked.  The more in that section the better in terms of perception.  

• Upvote 2

In the old days, visitors used to get good seats;  always sideline and usually around the 30 yard line.    After a few trips to UT and OU were visitors seats were in the end zone and so small that if you were normal adult size you would not fit,  I stopped buying tickets from NT.

So if you really want to enjoy the game, buy tickets from another source and if you feel guilty donate extra money to NT.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I wouldnt sit in enemy territory if I were you. My in-laws are all Razorback fans and have been to a couple games at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock and they are rowdy individuals. You think UTSA fans are bad, UA fans make UTSA fans look like choir boys. 

I sat in the sea of orange and blue during the Florida game. Yeah it was a little rough 😬

• Upvote 2

On 6/27/2018 at 2:03 PM, wardly said:

If you can't get a room in Fayetteville suggest you look at Ft. Smith. Interstate all the way and its about an hour drive if memory serves.

Bentonville/Rogers is much closer. They are in the next county to the north and it's maybe a 20 minute drive away from campus.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

On 6/26/2018 at 8:50 PM, bstnsportsfan3 said:

My folks live in arkansas about 40 min north of fayetteville. Dad bought me and him tickets last week, no clue where we are sitting but who cares! it will be fun to wear green in that sea of red

of course in my situation i was informed the tickets were bought before i could suggest to buy em through north texas, but i don't mind wearing green in a sea of red

• Upvote 1

My understanding of most of the Payouts is as follows.  Home team agrees to pay $xxx,xxx to the visiting team and provide X,XXX tickets to the visiting team.  In addition there are clauses for travel and lodging for games in most cases.   

If we sell our ticket allotment we make money. If we do not we give them back to the home team who makes money...

Edited by ipd054

22 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Bentonville/Rogers is much closer. They are in the next county to the north and it's maybe a 20 minute drive away from campus.

So is Springdale, but if you can't get rooms going north then look at Ft. Smith. Its 2nd largest city in state and has things to do.

On 6/27/2018 at 12:29 PM, Withers940 said:

I wouldnt sit in enemy territory if I were you. My in-laws are all Razorback fans and have been to a couple games at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock and they are rowdy individuals. You think UTSA fans are bad, UA fans make UTSA fans look like choir boys. 

Most Arkansas fans would tell you, the Little Rock fans are completely different than the Northwest Arkansas fans. 

On 6/28/2018 at 2:40 PM, UNTFan23 said:

Probably more expensive though. I would rather stay in Bentonville/Rogers as far as stuff to do and a nicer area, but if you’re just going to the game and aren’t interested in anything else I would just stay in Fort Smith and save an extra 45-minute round trip coming from the south.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2018 at 6:55 PM, Hogfan14 said:

Probably more expensive though. I would rather stay in Bentonville/Rogers as far as stuff to do and a nicer area, but if you’re just going to the game and aren’t interested in anything else I would just stay in Fort Smith and save an extra 45-minute round trip coming from the south.

I know the B-ville/Rogers area way better than I do any other part of NWA having lived in that area for three years. You're allowed three guesses who I likely work for and the first two don't count. 😉 I'm OK with spending a little more for staying in a nicer (and more familiar) area.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps I haven't been paying attention or misunderstood the program but if your season a ticket holder don't you get credited with a couple points toward improving your season ticket seats(if you want) if you buy tickets for away games and bowl games from UNT ticket office?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Perhaps I haven't been paying attention or misunderstood the program but if your season a ticket holder don't you get credited with a couple points toward improving your season ticket seats(if you want) if you buy tickets for away games and bowl games from UNT ticket office?

I think it’s the other way around.  Based on the priority points you’ve earned from being a season ticked holder, etc., you get higher priority toward away game and bowl game tickets if you choose to purchase them.  

• Upvote 2

On 6/28/2018 at 3:40 PM, Prettylittleeagle said:

How much of my hard earned money really goes to the university? Let me know and I'll call and make a donation in the name of the THOR from GMG.com just so you will quit complaining. 

$1,000,000 👀

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2018 at 2:03 PM, wardly said:

If you can't get a room in Fayetteville suggest you look at Ft. Smith. Interstate all the way and its about an hour drive if memory serves.

Yes, Fort Smith is about an hour away on I-49 but Springdale is less than ten miles away up the interstate and has about 70 three and four star hotels.  

• Thanks 1