DRC: Dave Campbell's high on UNT as magazine hits newsstands

Brett Vito

15 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

When is the last time we beat them in SA?

Just saying it's not all that unrealistic if you look at the history. We have not played well there historically.

History literally means nothing in this context. I mean no disrespect but I absolutely never have understood the "well, we didn't do good last time, so that means we won't do good this time." insecurity. Why? There's no rules that we have to be bad in San Antonio. We lost by 7 in 2014 and 14 in 2016. Neither game was unwinnable. 0-2 is not any reason to consider beating them at their place to be "unrealistic", especially in college football where players and coaches change in the blink of an eye.

Both teams are completely overhauled from where they were in 2016. I understand the hesitance, but it's not like the Alamodome is some extreme home field advantage. 

Roadkill on the horizon.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Sorry, you don't replace your starting left tackle with your best offensive lineman in the Spring if you're trying to "motivate" him. 

You do that when you're trying to make your offensive line better. 

Now, if Woody were to remain at LG and Murray were replaced with Brammer... THAT could be seen as motivation.  But, that's not what happened.

I assume anything a coach does is to make the team better.   Murray stands out because of his size.   It is much more likely you notice his bad plays and on the other side he gets positive recognition maybe his play doesn't deserve.

The fact is that he has started for two years.   I' would like to think that NT has improved to the extent that they can replace a two year starter and be better.   Murray has always seemed to slow to me to play tackle and would be better at guard.  

I haven't read DCTF yet, but I think I would enjoy somebody's opinion other than Vito's.  If you follow NT, outside reporting is almost all Vito and it is refreshing to get another view. 

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

The fact is that he has started for two years.   I' would like to think that NT has improved to the extent that they can replace a two year starter and be better.   Murray has always seemed to slow to me to play tackle and would be better at guard.  

I think if we put Murray at guard, we’d have to get Fine a pair of stilts.

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2018 at 5:17 PM, Harry said:

Have not seen it and have been looking for it.

I called Barnes & Noble this morning and asked if they could check and see if they had a particular magazine for me.  She immediately asked if I was looking for the football magazine.  After clarifying that she was asking about Dave Campbell’s Texas Football, she said they were out of stock and having problems keeping it on the shelves. She said it’s been very popular this year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

8 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I called Barnes & Noble this morning and asked if they could check and see if they had a particular magazine for me.  She immediately asked if I was looking for the football magazine.  After clarifying that she was asking about Dave Campbell’s Texas Football, she said they were out of stock and having problems keeping it on the shelves. She said it’s been very popular this year.  

You can become a subscriber for like 15 bucks a year, get yours shipped late June every year, before they hit the stores. 

• Thanks 2