DRC: Dave Campbell's high on UNT as magazine hits newsstands

Brett Vito

3 hours ago, chrisfisher said:

Jordan Murray first team offense??

Many seem to forget that Murray has started two years and  has been selected honorable mention all conference.  I expect he will end up starting again this year.  There are a lot of coaches that use off season starting lineups to motivate more than project who they really expect to play.

Best DCTF prediction for NT ever?

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

So what day does this hit the stands?   Moments ago, I’ll bet I was the most depressed looking empty-handed guy they’ve had moping out of the Kroger all week.  

Same for me at Wal-Mart about half an hour ago.

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I’d take a loss to FAU if we get the win vs nUTSAck....then we can beat FAU when we host them for the CUSA title game

Unless FAU loses two I believe that they'd again host the championship game.  I know...let's beat nUTSAck and FAU twice at Apogee.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Many seem to forget that Murray has started two years and  has been selected honorable mention all conference.  I expect he will end up starting again this year.  There are a lot of coaches that use off season starting lineups to motivate more than project who they really expect to play.

Best DCTF prediction for NT ever?

Sorry, you don't replace your starting left tackle with your best offensive lineman in the Spring if you're trying to "motivate" him. 

You do that when you're trying to make your offensive line better. 

Now, if Woody were to remain at LG and Murray were replaced with Brammer... THAT could be seen as motivation.  But, that's not what happened.

• Upvote 1

Vito has been in charge, and done a very nice job, of covering our section in year's past.  Not sure why they went away from this, but it reeks of someone not doing their research very well.  10-2 would give me happy pants, but that predicted loss to NutsaCK doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Vito has been in charge, and done a very nice job, of covering our section in year's past.  Not sure why they went away from this, but it reeks of someone not doing their research very well.  10-2 would give me happy pants, but that predicted loss to NutsaCK doesn't make sense.

When is the last time we beat them in SA?

Just saying it's not all that unrealistic if you look at the history. We have not played well there historically.

I think the author isn’t so familiar with us perhaps. Murray and Brooks at first team is a stretch- although Brooks probably has the talent but didn’t execute last year. 

Also don’t understand predicting a loss to UTSA if they are so confident we are that good. La Tech, SMU, or SoMiss would make more sense. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I think the author isn’t so familiar with us perhaps. Murray and Brooks at first team is a stretch- although Brooks probably has the talent but didn’t execute last year. 

Also don’t understand predicting a loss to UTSA if they are so confident we are that good. La Tech, SMU, or SoMiss would make more sense. 

The writer does not appear to be aware of the inner workings of our team, but maybe they understand who UTSA's yearly Super Bowl opponent happens to be.

• Haha 1