UNLV's New Season Tickets Offer Unlimited Concessions

Cerebus

LV Sun: UNLV football’s new season ticket package includes unlimited concessions

The three-game “Eat All You Can Plan,” which will provide boundless hot dogs, popcorn, nachos and soda, costs $79. 

---

Last season, UNLV reported 8,996 football season ticket holders; the average attendance for home games was 17,449. Capacity for football games at Sam Boyd Stadium is listed at 35,801.

---

Season ticket holders have the option to add unlimited concessions at all six games for just $30 for the season, or $5 a game. Season tickets begin at $99.

Season ticket holders have the option to add unlimited concessions at all six games for just $30 for the season, or $5 a game. Season tickets begin at $99.

This is the best part of the whole thing. The headline on that is misleading, in that the $79 package is a 3-game package. $30 for an entire season tacked onto your season ticket price. Sign me up!

My experience with this sort of “all you can eat” thing is that there are always those who take advantage of the situation. People “share” food with “guests” or take way way more than they can possibly (or should) eat which leads to waste. Ever see the waste on cruise ship buffet lines? Full plates being dumped into the trash is very common.

I much prefer lower pricing so more folks will actually purchase concession items. I like the $4/domestic beer thing, the $1.00 hot dog, the $1.00 popcorn, $1.00 sodas, etc. Concessions would still profit per item (albeit a tad less), but folks would purchase more, but consume what they purchase for the most part as they “paid” for each item.  Anyway...just me. I hate that stadiums generally price items so high...paid $9 for a beer recently at a minor league ballpark no less. Only bought one...probably would have purchased three for the game if priced at $4.00....yes draft beer so their cost was pretty low per unit.  Plus, by not heading back to the concession stand for another beer, they missed out on “opportunity add-on sales” when I next visited the concession stands.

But, that’s just me. To each his own.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1