FAU offers new concession prices -- $4 beer

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

There's only one game this year when I can even consider drinking beer, but still -- it's the principle of the matter! 

I got your other 5 games covered in the beer drinking department...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

When I was at the conference championship game it was awesome because they even had a happy hour where if you entered the stadium early the beer was discounted.

I would so enter apogee early for some ice cold freshies at a discounted price.  Throw some portable sports bars on each side of the stadium complete with high top tables, stools and televisions showing games from around the country and I would enter an hour early. 

Out of the box, let’s get folks inside apogee for the introductions and pregame band production ( waiting hoping).

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

I believe our current prices for my crap beer of choice on game day (Ultra) is $6, I'd surely take a 50% discount. 

I have no substantiation for this, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see it go up to $7 or $8 this year.  

SMU charged $9 last year (though I think those looked closer to 20 ounces) and they were considerably more expensive than that at the Cotton Bowl for the HOD Bowl. 

Current state of UNT athletics is to bring everything "up to market," not, "give the existing fans a little bit of a break." 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

i think they should add keg beer to the mix so they can cut prices....

Avg retail price for a keg is $130 (Miller Lite) and a keg holds roughly 15.5 gallons (165 12oz's) that breaks down to 78 cents a beer. You could easily sell those things for $4 and make a killing. The beer supplier (Metzler's) gets the beer at a discounted rate so he can still make  money.

Even when you translate that to cans, they could easily reduce the price of beer, make folks happy and still pad their pockets. Yes, i know Metzler has to bid to even get into the door to be the beer supplier.

Long Story short, prices for everything they sell can be drastically cut to make the fans happy and still make money off concessions. 

• Lovely Take 1

54 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

i think they should add keg beer to the mix so they can cut prices....

I made that point to RV back when they started selling beer and he said it posed logistical issues?  I get that sometimes a keg can have a lot of foam etc if it isn't tapped right but other colleges seem to manage that process fine.   Me likey draft beer!

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I made that point to RV back when they started selling beer and he said it posed logistical issues?  I get that sometimes a keg can have a lot of foam etc if it isn't tapped right but other colleges seem to manage that process fine.   Me likey draft beer!

Bring in Bar Rescue's Jon Taffer to set up the the tap system, he'll get it right.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Harry said:

Because like, you know, oh, EVERY SPORTS STADIUM IN THE WORLD seems to be able to pull it off. 

• Lovely Take 1

22 hours ago, Harry said:

Yeah, you lose a bunch of beer from spillage and nimrods that dont know how to properly pour a draft but there is margin there to make money after that. Hell, Sell the spillage for 5 cents to the college kids on the other side

On 6/20/2018 at 1:32 PM, Harry said:

I think you need a cold room or some sort of refrigeration to store both the in-use plus any spare kegs. Depending on how much space that takes may ultimately dictate how many taps you might be able to have. 

18 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

I think you need a cold room or some sort of refrigeration to store both the in-use plus any spare kegs. Depending on how much space that takes may ultimately dictate how many taps you might be able to have. 

For portable hookups, as there are beer kiosks in the stadium, you only need a jockey box, and those can usually handle 2-3 taps each. 

2 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

For portable hookups, as there are beer kiosks in the stadium, you only need a jockey box, and those can usually handle 2-3 taps each. 

While reading about this, I found out that beer can spoil if it isn't kept cold if the beer is not pasteurized. A jockey box works for the tap but the keg may still need to be kept cold (36 to 38 degrees). This link was a little useful to me. Your domestics like Coors, Bud, and Miller might be pasteurized but odds are much higher that your craft beers aren't.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:50 PM, NM Green said:

When I was at the conference championship game it was awesome because they even had a happy hour where if you entered the stadium early the beer was discounted.

But did you stay long enough to experience the less than half full FAU Stadium run out of beer during the CUSA Championship game? And the lines in the concourse were awful too... All the mobile vendors ran out first, and they only sold beer at beer only concession stands.  Then there was no beer at all.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Sad 1

On 6/24/2018 at 1:53 AM, Pavlovs Eagle said:

But did you stay long enough to experience the less than half full FAU Stadium run out of beer during the CUSA Championship game? And the lines in the concourse were awful too... All the mobile vendors ran out first, and they only sold beer at beer only concession stands.  Then there was no beer at all.

That what happens when you end up with a record crowd.

• Haha 2