Alumni Pavillion Expansion Update

Harry

With the number of alumni that might attend (or we envision eventually attending) on game-days this does seen that the space allotted for the pavilion is still a bit small. I've been there numerous times in the past and the existing building/structure was packed. Granted it needed to be larger to begin with, but the design provided in the brochure/PDF seems that it will still lack the space needed to accommodate our alumni fan base on game-days.

DESIGN for reference: https://one.unt.edu/file/TOP-AlumniPavilionExpansion.pdf

Edited by jperg2
  • Upvote 2

On 6/13/2018 at 7:37 AM, oldguystudent said:

I'm sure this has been discussed before -- do they intend to expand the number of activities they use the pavillion for outside of football game days? 

I would assume that if you were going to have people come out to Denton, the Hub Club in Apogee is right there and it would be more of a wow factor.   Athletics seems really open to people using that space as it shows off what has been built and might get people to buy club level tickets

Now of course if you want to showcase the new outdoor music aspect of the place, then you have it there.  

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

I would assume that if you were going to have people come out to Denton, the Hub Club in Apogee is right there and it would be more of a wow factor.   Athletics seems really open to people using that space as it shows off what has been built and might get people to buy club level tickets

Now of course if you want to showcase the new outdoor music aspect of the place, then you have it there.  

Fair point.  I was thinking back to an alumni association even that I think combined Octoberfest with watching the Ohio game in 2013 held at the pavilion.  I enjoyed that event and thought similar get togethers would be pretty swell without needing the greater resources required to open the Hub Club.