DRC: Is the number of graduate transfers landing at SMU narrowing UNT's edge?

Brett Vito

49 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I am still not sure we can beat them, they have our number.

No problem...send them a different number.  They'll dance while we run over their asses.

• Haha 1

To be honest... I think it is interesting that we are opening up as a favorite.  Even minus their key players.  They put a pretty good thumping on us last year.  I dont know if  our added experience + the loss of a couple players + a coaching change will close the gap.

Dont get me wrong.  I want us to thump them... after getting routed by FAU and then Troy... I am a little nervous.

30 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

To be honest... I think it is interesting that we are opening up as a favorite.  Even minus their key players.  They put a pretty good thumping on us last year.  I dont know if  our added experience + the loss of a couple players + a coaching change will close the gap.

Dont get me wrong.  I want us to thump them... after getting routed by FAU and then Troy... I am a little nervous.

"Minus their key players" (really, just minus Sutton who scored 24pts by himself), they lose the game last year.

3 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

As much as we all love Littrell.  His inability to raise recruiting significantly is worrisome.   

Is this about recruiting 1-year grad transfers like SMU is doing?   If so, I think Littrell is looking to build up long-term rather than use one of his precious 25-allotted scholarships to roll the dice on a 1-year player who may or may not pan out.   
He's in year 3 & still trying to build up depth from McCarney's willy-nilly awarding of scholarships to walk-ons & massive attrition putting us in a bind depth-wise.

• Lovely Take 1

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Is this about recruiting 1-year grad transfers like SMU is doing?   If so, I think Littrell is looking to build up long-term rather than use one of his precious 25-allotted scholarships to roll the dice on a 1-year player who may or may not pan out.   
He's in year 3 & still trying to build up depth from McCarney's willy-nilly awarding of scholarships to walk-ons & massive attrition putting us in a bind depth-wise.

First year coach is always scrambling for recruits he may not normally go after. Remember the Juco guys with Seth? We can recruit the skill positions, its the trenches were we need to do better. GMG