Two New Regents Appointed and One Reappointed

UNTLifer

24 minutes ago, James said:

The line about none of the regents living in Denton stuck out to me. Not expecting them all to live there, but maybe if we had just one. 

They just got finished talking about one of the new ones living in Aubrey.  That's plenty close enough.  I'm sure most of the others live in the Metroplex.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

I’m in Sicily and blocked from linking to certain sites, UNT being one of them. Can you cut and paste the article?  If it’s not too long.

Here's the key points:

The new appointees are Mary Denny of Aubrey and Carlos Munguia of University Park, while Milton B. Lee of San Antonio was reappointed to another term.

The appointees will each serve a term of five years. According to the release, their terms expire May 22, 2023.

UNT System spokesman Paul Corliss said the new appointments will replace Al Silva and Donald Potts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flyonthewall said:

Carlos is awesome.  Wears red pants for one week in May every year.  Advocate for a lot of meaningful causes.   He worked with the wife for 5 years, he comes to all football and most of basketball games.  He is for sure going to be a cheerleader for athletics, and truly bleeds green through and through.

Trading him for Silva.....this is a good day.

I didn't catch that name.  He is a good guy and this is good news. 

• Lovely Take 1

On 6/5/2018 at 3:58 PM, flyonthewall said:

Carlos is awesome.  Wears red pants for one week in May every year.  Advocate for a lot of meaningful causes.   He worked with the wife for 5 years, he comes to all football and most of basketball games.  He is for sure going to be a cheerleader for athletics, and truly bleeds green through and through.

Trading him for Silva.....this is a good day.

Carlos periodically attends our Collin County UNT football watching parties.  This is great news. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2018 at 5:24 PM, Cerebus said:

Adding alumni is a big time improvement.

I at one time looked at all the Texas systems and our ratio of Alumni to Non Alumni was the worst.  Anything to correct or at least not make that worse is good IMHO.

Yes, that’s long been one of my beefs. Glad they’re putting more UNT alumni on our BOR and evening the playing field ratio wise with our in state peers.

• Lovely Take 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2018 at 4:54 PM, HoustonEagle said:

I can say that Mary Denny’s son, Bryan,  is mister Denton and a long time owner and operator of various Denton bars.  I think currently he is running the reboot of the Armadillo Ale Works.  

Bryan’s not running the reboot but he is managing the music side of things there.

• Upvote 2