Why are we so inclined to disbelieve women?

It's not so much that I'm not believing women as much as it is "I believe you, now show me concrete evidence to back up your claim"

Classic example just happened a few days ago when a state trooper was accused of raping a woman in his custody. People like Shaun King were quick to say: "LOOK, IT HAPPENED, THERE'S NO WAY THIS ISN'T TRUE", in which the body cam footage was released that showed the officer completely within his bounds and no evidence of misconduct, sexual or otherwise.

I'll believe you, but I want to see some proof. Just like I would with any other crime.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Sounds like they posted pictures of two bartenders that had nothing to do with what may or may not have happened to them. That’s not ok, that’s probably why people were upset at them. 

I wonder if there is any surveillance in the bar area. I would hope some video exists that might clarify some of the allegations. Just a thought, I have no clue as to the answer and what systems exist in that bar.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

I wonder if there is any surveillance in the bar area. I would hope some video exists that might clarify some of the allegations. Just a thought, I have no clue as to the answer and what systems exist in that bar.

They do have video cameras in some bars. Don’t know which ones but they’ve been set up for reasons like this. 

• Upvote 1

--- Not so sure the above title is true .... but they should not just believed because they are female.  I had a friend (teacher) that was accused of rape and put in jail because of an ex-student's claim .... a couple of weeks later she confessed ... he had done nothing and was at home as he insisted from the start... She had been with a boyfriend..

--- I know of another situation where a girl went "daddy-shopping"  She tried to make herself "available"  to a friend of mine  but he didn't bite (thank goodness) . She was pregnant and preferred him as a father and husband over the real  father. .... this was in the era of no DNA testing. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 2