DRC: UNT has filed appeal for Mayfield following NCAA rule change

Brett Vito

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If the dude at OSU gets the additional year, and their circumstances are the same, I think it's OK to assume Mayfield does too. 

So Brammer will have to wait a little while longer.  Hopefully he gets a little PT in VS SMU, IW, Liberty, Rice & UTEP.

It oughta be ok to assume that if things were fair and equal....however, a) this is UNT and not OSU, which means there is no power5 power behind this appeal and b) even if it gets through, who knows how long the NCAA is gonna take with it and rather advance other cases first. Fully possible he gets his extra year... halfway into the season.

• Thanks 1

If the young man at OSU gets an extra year and Mayfield does not then I would be in full support of us filing suit against the NCAA.  At some point this crap has to change and programs have to be treated fairly regardless of conference affiliation.

• Upvote 3

I hope for the best, but this never (ever!) works out for UNT.... The crooked NCAA will see to it that this does not work either by denying the waiver or waiting an extended period of time to even consider it while the whole season passes this athlete by. 

15 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I'm mainly encouraged by what appears to be an above average persistence on the part of the athletic department to get these kids as much eligibility as they deserve.  It's something we haven't seen in a long time......if ever.

Agree, appreciate their efforts, but I don't have a problem with the skepticism our fans have based on past appeals. 

Here's my issue, given the history should we have landed another juco olineman just in case? 

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Agree, appreciate their efforts, but I don't have a problem with the skepticism our fans have based on past appeals. 

Here's my issue, given the history should we have landed another juco olineman just in case? 

Definitely agree here. Apparently the staff is high on Brammer though so i'd imagine they're comfortable with either starting

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Definitely agree here. Apparently the staff is high on Brammer though so i'd imagine they're comfortable with either starting

Brammer can play,  dude is a stud.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1