Houston Mean Green- Coaches Caravan June 12th

ipd054

On 6/14/2018 at 9:31 PM, meangreenJW said:

I disagree but here's why. If it was take Kansas or stay at UNT, perhaps he leaves. But if it's take Kansas or stay at UNT with Mason Fine as your QB and wait for good job that pays as much or more than KU and you can actually win, he waits. I'm confident the latter is the case. SL is about 40. So probably at least 15 more years to coach. Every coach that has gone to KU has been fired. He knows that. 

Not taking a side in this argument, but every North Texas football coach since we moved back to the DI/FBS level, has been fired too, but Littrell still took the job. Just saying.

• Upvote 3

Hate to burst some bubbles here, but

Seth Littrell watched a mentor of his turn the Kansas football team into a national contender.   ...As in, he was ON THE STAFF in the beginning.   
I highly doubt he's scared of Kansas, and would likely see it as a similar challenge to the North Texas opportunity, coming off a 1-11 season that included the worst loss by an FBS team to an FCS team in NCAA history.   As we've seen, he is supremely confident in himself and his system.  He's a bright mind, and we're lucky to have him.  I hope he stays here, and becomes our Bobby Bowden.  I'm just not going to hold my breath about it.

As for IPD054's report/conversation:
I'm not sure why anyone would expect Littrell to say something else in that situation.  
It's a North Texas sanctioned event. 
It's a North Texas fan asking a question about his employment by North Texas. 
If not what he said, what would you expect the answer to be?

• Upvote 1