NT Softball Team

GreenN'walinsVet

I really think ALL teams are being called Mean Green now.  That's how they get introduced at the games....

And the softball team was announced as the Mean Green in an e-mail sent out to the students - I think untangel posted it on the UNTAthletics page.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense that at the women basketball game they are introduced as the Mean Green, but yet they have Lady Eagles still on their jerseys.

From everything that I am hearing, the last of the Eagle name (held onto by one team out of the 17 - the women's basketball team) will be gone after this year. Personally, I think the Lady Green sounds pretty good but I mentioned it one time on the board and was really torn into. Mean Green is a fine name for all teams, all the other women's teams seem to really like it's uniqueness and I think that the lady basketball team just needs to move on and accept it. Maybe they can be known for being a more dominating team with a tougher nickname. I don't know why any women's team would want to play down their name by putting "Lady" in front of it, sports are supposed to be fierce competitions whether you are a guy or a girl. A female soldier fighting for our country isn't referred to as a Lady Soldier, they are just a soldier.

Edited by stebo

From everything that I am hearing, the last of the Eagle name (held onto by one team out of the 17 - the women's basketball team) will be gone after this year.  Personally, I think the Lady Green sounds pretty good but I mentioned it one time on the board and was really torn into.  Mean Green is a fine name for all teams, all the other women's teams seem to really like it's uniqueness and I think that the lady basketball team just needs to move on and accept it.  Maybe they can be known for being a more dominating team with a tougher nickname.  I don't know why any women's team would want to play down their name by putting "Lady" in front of it, sports are supposed to be fierce competitions whether you are a guy or a girl.  A female soldier fighting for our country isn't referred to as a ady Soldier, they are just a soldier.

Why did you have to remind me of Kellen Winslow?

"I'M A F---IN' SOLJA!"

"I'M A F---IN' SOLJA!"

"I'M A F---IN' SOLJA!"

"I'M A F---IN' SOLJA!"

From everything that I am hearing, the last of the Eagle name (held onto by one team out of the 17 - the women's basketball team) will be gone after this year.  Personally, I think the Lady Green sounds pretty good but I mentioned it one time on the board and was really torn into.  Mean Green is a fine name for all teams, all the other women's teams seem to really like it's uniqueness and I think that the lady basketball team just needs to move on and accept it.  Maybe they can be known for being a more dominating team with a tougher nickname.  I don't know why any women's team would want to play down their name by putting "Lady" in front of it, sports are supposed to be fierce competitions whether you are a guy or a girl.  A female soldier fighting for our country isn't referred to as a Lady Soldier, they are just a soldier.

So then can we remove the "Lady Eagles" from the baskeball court? It looks ridiculous like that right now.