Place your bets

greenjoe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there are only 4 scheduled to cheer. Yeah it looks bad when many don't show up but when there are 4 or so only originally scheduled to cheer it makes it a little more difficult to make sure that everyone is there. Scrappy was at the womens last home game but not too many people showed up to that game! See you at the game! GMG biggrin.gif

I noticed 12 or so at most schools when I watched a few games this last weekend.

As far as how many of ours show up, I'd say 2 will show up and sit on the floor the whole game. Once in a while they'll join in on a chant when the student section has already started it. Scrappy probably won't be there either...it's not a women's game.

Grand Green, what site are you looking at?  We don't have 32, we have 21.  If I have learned one thing at North Texas it is don't always trust what their website says.  If you cut down how many are dedicated despite the lack of respect hown, that cuts it down even more.

What lack of respect are you talking about. From the school, the crowd? I've always thought NT cheerleaders were super talented and did an excellent job until this basketball season, What has changed?

Love the new avatar e-bone. 

One of the greatest movies ever .

Yeah since I doubt many people here know about Meatwad, I thought I would change to something else and I am in a basketball mood.

Man, Dog Piling on the cheerleaders. I'm a little dissapointed. Can we all stop that now?

There are some internal problems, even Co Green is ready to admit that. But instead of offers to help, all I see is people taking easy shots.

CO Green, if GoMeanGreen.com can help you guys out with any sort of fundraising, send me a PM.

Grand Green, what changed is that the school made us switch cheer companies, and we are not competing this year. Given that we don't really have a place to practice, we are not really appreciated by the administration, the only thing that kept people on during basketball was competition and the opportunity to win a national title. Now that the opportunity and our choice was taken away from us, nothing is really keeping people committed. Things are getting a lot better but with the way things were this season, people were hanging on by a string.

Grand Green, what changed is that the school made us switch cheer companies, and we are not competing this year.  Given that we don't really have a place to practice, we are not really appreciated by the administration, the only thing that kept people on during basketball was competition and the opportunity to win a national title.  Now that the opportunity and our choice was taken away from us, nothing is really keeping people committed.  Things are getting a lot better but with the way things were this season, people were hanging on by a string.

This paragraph says SO MUCH. CO, I try to respect the cheerleaders as much as I can, but to tell the truth, if the cheerleaders dropped competition completely and just got people who wanted to be at games it would be fine with me (and probably many others)

I understand that would be fine with a lot of people and maybe even some of the children. But to drop the competition without giving someone a reason to stay there such as scholarships, I think the commitment of cheerleaders would diminish greatly, as it has this year, and I think the quality of cheerleaders would diminish as well.

And just as a clarification, if there are 4 people at the game tonight, then everyone that was scheduled showed up.

Edited by CO Green

One thing I don't think people realize is that it seems that it continues to be the same people cheering at the games over and over... obviously those people care and it's not fair to sit and tear them down for what they do. I've noticed people continuing to put down the cheerleaders as a whole which is understandable when they have such a poor turn out but it's not fair to the ones that do show up to the games. If I showed up to the games and people put down what I did when i was making an effort I wouldn't be very happy. The ones there may not do much but it doesn't look like there is a lot to do with such few cheerleaders. Honestly, think about it... if it was just you and 2 other people out there would you want to go out in front of a large crowd by yourself with not much to do? I know I probably wouldn't. Just something for y'all to think about. Give some credit to the people that do show up to the games instead of tearing down them with the program as a whole. I know you are only as strong as your weakest link but still it is not fair for people to continue to put down the ones who appear to care enough to show up to the games. GMG!!