Coaches Caravan

Glenn911

I intend to go to the Denton Caravan.  The $5. fee frosts me a little.  It's too little to get excited about.  It's too much considering this is the fee that the Mean Green Scholarship Association members have already paid.  I wish there were more gap between MGSA members and non-members.  Something that would make MGSA membership more worthwhile.  Maybe better parking for MGSA members the day of the event.  But I'll be there.  Right behind those that don't join the MGSA.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, forevereagle said:

Just a note about the fee, and I could be wrong here since I signed up awhile back, but I believe this is technically hosted by the Alumni Association. 

In partnership with Athletics. I understand what some are saying about the small fee. But, it does help with headcount and preparations. While small, most that RSVP and pay it will actually show up. In the past when there was no fee...lots RSVP’d (like Facebook RSVP’s...ever tried that?), but many failed to show. Maybe they are going with the theory that if things are free, people see no value in them. Don’t know, don’t care. The $5 should not be a significant deterrent to anyone who truly wants to attend. And, as been previously stated...it is how many of the “big time” folks do it these days. Being or moving toward being “big time” costs money...right?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Is the coach's caravan going to Houston this year?

Yes, but the date is still TBD by the AD.  Likely to be at the Karbach brewery again, but depends on their availability once the date is set.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Stix said:

Yes, but the date is still TBD by the AD.  Likely to be at the Karbach brewery again, but depends on their availability once the date is set.

The irony is I live in Frisco but I want to go to the caravan in Houston because I have several friends down there who said it was really fun last year.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:50 PM, greenjoe said:

Maybe better parking for MGSA members the day of the event.

Park Place Lexus had valet a the dealer for the Plano one last year... And entry was $5 then too for Alumni Association Members.

I saw the "one drink ticket" note for this year... I see the alumni association is getting cheap on events. Definitely had more than one drink last year. They did this at the recent Collin County Alumni event too.

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Good news:  The Fort Worth version this year is at a really kickass place, the Reata downtown.  

The bad news, at least for me: I'm gonna be 6 blocks away and probably can't go.....that is unless someone chokes on a chicken bone...or pulls a fire alarm or something?

http://www.meangreensports.com/genrel/050718aaa.html

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

3 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Good news:  The Fort Worth version this year is at a really kickass place, the Reata downtown.  

The bad news, at least for me: I'm gonna be 6 blocks away and probably can't go.....that is unless someone chokes on a chicken bone...or pulls a fire alarm or something?

Rick

hold my beer...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

http://www.meangreensports.com/genrel/050718aaa.html

Rick

Hint, hint.  FYI, I would recommend pulling the fire alarm unless mouth to mouth from FFR appeals to you!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Reata is where I learned to love the Bison ribeye.  

It's also the very first place I did anything anywhere in Texas during a meeting way back in 2004 before I moved here.  

• Upvote 2

We just moved to Heath so I took the fam to the Rockwall caravan. I've never been. It was really nice and I thought well done.

Wren Baker, Coach Littrell, McCasland and Mitchell were all there. We had to leave a little early because the kids were a little hyper. (poor Scrappy)  😵

Coach McCasland came over and spoke with me and the kids for a bit. What a nice guy... 

Attendance was actually a little more than I expected in Rockwall...I'll bet the FW, Plano and Dallas events are very well attended.

Good job Alumni group and Athletic Dept.  

IMG_0637.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MrStrange18 said:

How do one of these go down? Never been... so if we show up 15-20 mins late are we still good to go?

Seemed fairly laid back to me. We were 10 min late or so. There's nothing formal about it.....we walked in, got a pic with Scrappy, went to the bar and mingled around. Coach Littrell was standing there talking to a fan....Cool event. I recommend it.

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Seemed fairly laid back to me. We were 10 min late or so. There's nothing formal about it.....we walked in, got a pic with Scrappy, went to the bar and mingled around. Coach Littrell was standing there talking to a fan....Cool event. I recommend it.

Awesome... Family friendly?  Thinking about bringing the wife and kiddos to see Scrappy