19' T/DT Offer: Chris Cassidy; Angleton High - 3-star .8178

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

OT or DT our highest rated recruit?? Sweet!

I watched some of his highlights, and I'm not the best at evaluations, but I'll give it a go from what I saw. 

- Pretty Quick off the ball for his size

- Finishes blocks

- Great Size and seems pretty strong already (605 squat on his HUDL max)

- Plays physical and to the whistle

- Biggest weakness is probably he lets guys get inside and could get some more arm extension/separation.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Don’t be surprised to see that rating come down to around .79 or .80 I think it’s a mistake on 247’s side as another lineman we offered has the exact same rating & they were given those ratings at the same time. With that being said, I do like his tape, size, & that we beat Louisiana.

Bingo!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

His composite score is .8178. .7965 begins 3*

His 247 rating is a 78 (2*), which brought his composite down from over .85 earlier in the day. Honestly, they probably haven't even rated him at this point but put something up once he committed. I think the current composite rating is probably fair though! 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Don’t be surprised to see that rating come down to around .79 or .80 I think it’s a mistake on 247’s side as another lineman we offered has the exact same rating & they were given those ratings at the same time. With that being said, I do like his tape, size, & that we beat Louisiana.

Why?? His tape smothers the other OL with higher rating.   Only thing missing in his tape and what kept P5s away is no pass sets.  Good hip movement and  explosiveness just no pass sets 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Why?? His tape smothers the other OL with higher rating.   Only thing missing in his tape and what kept P5s away is no pass sets.  Good hip movement and  explosiveness just no pass sets 

I noticed that as well, but then I watched the few times his QB threw it on film... lol