DRC: Way-too-early prediction of how UNT's season will play out

17 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Not really.  @TheReal_jayD stated what he knew from one of SL's family friends while you are working in speculation with terms like "If" and "I would say."  @TheReal_jayD has proven to be pretty reliable around here.

There is a difference between giving out minor details and just stating something.. 

We all know SL has tried for bigger gigs like Tennessee, but still 0 idea who are the schools SL has turned down..

no one is asking for names of the people who have said stuff, but just asking if SL has turned down a Kansas or if he turned down Eastern Illinois JUCO.. it’s easy to say he turned down a job but give us an idea of who or the caliber of the program.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

There is a difference between giving out minor details and just stating something.. 

We all know SL has tried for bigger gigs like Tennessee, but still 0 idea who are the schools SL has turned down..

no one is asking for names of the people who have said stuff, but just asking if SL has turned down a Kansas or if he turned down Eastern Illinois JUCO.. it’s easy to say he turned down a job but give us an idea of who or the caliber of the program.

P5. Not juco. If a school calls and ask you to come interview. And you say no I like it where I am at. That is turning it down in my opinion. You and other on the board may have to have a contract in hand to qualify it as turning it down. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

P5. Not juco. If a school calls and ask you to come interview. And you say no I like it where I am at. That is turning it down in my opinion. You and other on the board may have to have a contract in hand to qualify it as turning it down. 

People can differ on what the definition of turn down means.. but that is besides the point. people have asked for names/types of programs that he has been approached by and all we have gotten here is bigger or P5, but again nothing as to who.. 

We have only seen 1 so far and it’s Tennessee, and he applied and nothing after that.. We have 0 idea if he was offered or if Tennessee looked at him and then moved on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

People can differ on what the definition of turn down means.. but that is besides the point. people have asked for names/types of programs that he has been approached by and all we have gotten here is bigger or P5, but again nothing as to who.. 

We have only seen 1 so far and it’s Tennessee, and he applied and nothing after that.. We have 0 idea if he was offered or if Tennessee looked at him and then moved on. 

Multiple (as in more than one) P5 have contacted Seth wanting to come interview for job. Sorry if that's not enough info for you. 

• Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Multiple (as in more than one) P5 have contacted Seth wanting to come interview for job. Sorry if that's not enough info for you. 

I thought you said he was offered by a bigger name school than Tech. I'm sorry I didn't or couldn't read through what you meant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

P5. Not juco. If a school calls and ask you to come interview. And you say no I like it where I am at. That is turning it down in my opinion. 

You're allowed to think what you want, but when you say

Fun fact: Littrell turned down a bigger job than Tech this off-season

Surely you understand why most of us are going to think you're talking about job offers, and not just interviews?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

You're allowed to think what you want, but when you say

Surely you understand why most of us are going to think you're talking about job offers, and not just interviews?

If I call you and ask you to come interview for my company. You reply no. Are you turning down that job? 

25 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

If I call you and ask you to come interview for my company. You reply no. Are you turning down that job? 

No, because the job was not mine to claim.  It was an interview.

Most of us understand your verbage (from the original post) as an OFFER.  Not an possible opportunity

And, my experience has dictated that I do not go around flaunting all these job "OFFERS" when they were really some possibilities thrown my way.  It's just tacky.

Maybe in your experience it's okay, tho. :)

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If I interview you, is that a job offer?

If I say no thanks to an interview, are you going to offer me a job?

I get what he is saying, if one says that they are not interested in interviewing, it means that they would not accept an offer were it to come. I also see what you are saying in that there was no offer in hand that was turned down. I think that two different interpretations are at play here and no amount of discussion is likely to change anything.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Can you confirm the offer didn't go something like this:

Littrell's AGENT: "Hey Seth, the Arizona job is open. Want to interview there?" 

Because if a source says, "oh, he was offered an interview...", the above scenario would be truthful, but very misleading.

• Upvote 2

@greenminer @MeanGreenTexan @Ben Gooding @BTG_Fan1 okay sorry guys I'm sure the source made the whole thing up. Seth hasn't received any calls or had any interest. He is only at North Texas still because nobody has came knocking. Does that work better for ya? I'll just stick to recruiting. 

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

@greenminer @MeanGreenTexan @Ben Gooding @BTG_Fan1 okay sorry guys I'm sure the source made the whole thing up. Seth hasn't received any calls or had any interest. He is only at North Texas still because nobody has came knocking. Does that work better for ya? I'll just stick to recruiting. 

No one is saying you made it up, or atleast I'm not.. I'm just asking for more information. I think a vast majority of us would like to have some type of idea on what he is passing on and who is calling.. Yes you have said he passed on bigger gigs and P5s, but again is it a bottom tier P5 like Kansas or is he passing on the likes of someone like Arizona? 

I'm not here to get into wording or phrasing in terms of "SL turned down XYZ School." When you say he turned it down that means to me they atleast reached out and he passed (even if it an interview).. But it can go the other way as well, with SL reaching out (like he did at Tennessee) and then he got passed over for all we know. 

The point I have tried to ask, and my fault that it was not clear.. But some/Most of us on this board would like an idea of who has called SL. Is he passing on a HC Gig at Kansas? or he is passing on a HC Gig at Arizona? Is he passing on a Memphis to stay at UNT? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

No one is saying you made it up, or atleast I'm not.. I'm just asking for more information. I think a vast majority of us would like to have some type of idea on what he is passing on and who is calling.. Yes you have said he passed on bigger gigs and P5s, but again is it a bottom tier P5 like Kansas or is he passing on the likes of someone like Arizona? 

I'm not here to get into wording or phrasing in terms of "SL turned down XYZ School." When you say he turned it down that means to me they atleast reached out and he passed (even if it an interview).. But it can go the other way as well, with SL reaching out (like he did at Tennessee) and then he got passed over for all we know. 

The point I have tried to ask, and my fault that it was not clear.. But some/Most of us on this board would like an idea of who has called SL. Is he passing on a HC Gig at Kansas? or he is passing on a HC Gig at Arizona? Is he passing on a Memphis to stay at UNT? 

It's all meh. If ge goes, bye. If he stays, win. 

But let's not create a hyperbole of nonsensical drivel that Seth Littrell CHOSE to stay at UNT over, and I quote, "...a few programs with a bigger name than Tech."  And I know you didn't say that @BTG_Fan1 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

It's all meh. If ge goes, bye. If he stays, win. 

But let's not create a hyperbole of nonsensical drivel that Seth Littrell CHOSE to stay at UNT over, and I quote, "...a few programs with a bigger name than Tech."  And I know you didn't say that @BTG_Fan1 

Some people just wish they knew more than they did. 🤷🏼‍♂🤷🏼‍♂

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, meanrob said:

I can handle a whole offseason of this because for the first time in....(so long I can't remember) we have a playmaker at quarterback returning. 

Agree...and I'll add it's nice talking about a coach that may leave for another reason other than he's fired...

15 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'm just asking for more information. I think a vast majority of us would like to have some type of idea on what he is passing on and who is calling

He would be an idiot to leak that kind of information if he knew, and it'd be disrespectful to any of the confidences he built. He'd be hard pressed to be told anything again.

Translate the given information however you want to, but at it's most basic level (P5 or FCS or FBS) interest is better than no interest, which has been our recent history. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

He would be an idiot to leak that kind of information if he knew, and it'd be disrespectful to any of the confidences he built. He'd be hard pressed to be told anything again.

Translate the given information however you want to, but at it's most basic level (P5 or FCS or FBS) interest is better than no interest, which has been our recent history. 

But yet it’s not disrespectful if the family friend of SL told JD? 

If it’s disrespectful SL would not tell his friend, and if it’s truly disrespectful SL friend is a shitty person for telling JD..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

But yet it’s not disrespectful if the family friend of SL told JD? 

If it’s disrespectful SL would not tell his friend, and if it’s truly disrespectful SL friend is a shitty person for telling JD..

giphy.gif

Obviously JD has the confidence of a group that this board and the public in general does not. Which this board shouldn't. Makes sense. Also, JD obviously was able to share the information he did (cause it's a public friggin fan board).

The conversation should just end there. If you feel entitled to more information, call the Athletic Department and ask. Not JD. jfc 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1