DRC: Way-too-early prediction of how UNT's season will play out

There are maybe 10 hc's in all of Division 1 that would not leave for a job with substantially more money and prestige.  I find this endless speculation of Littrell's next job tedious at best.   

If NT has a great record next year, Littrell will be offered other good opportunities.  If NT has a bad season, there will be little demand for his services.   

Of the two scenarios above, which would you prefer?

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dml7007 said:

No one wants to go to Lubbock, he may be hit by flying tortillas.

I love Lubbock jokes, but this has next-to zero merit as an actual argument when it comes to coaches/careers and scholarship players.

Maybe you really were just making a funny.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

If NT has a great record next year, Littrell will be offered other good opportunities.  If NT has a bad season, there will be little demand for his services.   

I don't see how anyone can sum up UNT's situation any better than that.

Great point.

51 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

There are maybe 10 hc's in all of Division 1 that would not leave for a job with substantially more money and prestige.  I find this endless speculation of Littrell's next job tedious at best.   

You forgot scenario #3:
Seth Littrell's tenure at UNT exceeds that of Paterno @PSU & Bowden @FSU tenures combined because he loves living in Denton, all the while taking UNT to multiple national championships!!!!!1!1!

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Perfectly said...great post

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

You forgot scenario #3:
Seth Littrell's tenure at UNT exceeds that of Paterno @PSU & Bowden @FSU tenures combined because he loves living in Denton, all the while taking UNT to multiple national championships!!!!!1!1!

The next Odus Mitchell huh? The only way that SL would ever think about staying that long is if our culture changes........significantly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I agree with you completely, but Chad Morris says Hi from Fayetteville after accomplishing much less at SMU

Morris has recruiting skins on the wall--especially recruiting Texas.  SL has some work to do there.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

English added to NT rotation with Tauaalo, allows Young to move outside & stay there.  This instantly makes the DL better... which will improve LB play.   The defense will be better than last year.

I'll believe it when English sees the field

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

The next Odus Mitchell huh? The only way that SL would ever think about staying that long is if our culture changes........significantly. 

That band pageantry and fight song flourish will keep many around. If we could only find someone to cross the T when they spell out UNT!

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I love Lubbock jokes, but this has next-to zero merit as an actual argument when it comes to coaches/careers and scholarship players.

Maybe you really were just making a funny.

giphy.gif

I think he was serious!

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

That band pageantry and fight song flourish will keep many around. If we could only find someone to cross the T when they spell out UNT!

No, the WHOLE school, not just game day. Maybe one day North Texas will be able to produce a youtube video celebrating it's multi-generational connectedness like this.......

instead of our usual multi-generational disconnectedness.  I'm still shaking my head over that statement/question that an alumni asked someone who posts on the board........"are we still in the MVC?

And that is why our football (and other sports) game day always looks the way it does...........compartmentalized and unconnected.

The MVC question pretty much says it all.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Maybe, but that video doesn't drive the point home.  I was kidding about the band issues and understand your point, but I think the culture is changing under our current leadership and will continue to do so as we continue to win consistently, the same reason TCU's attendance increased and culture changed.

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I just love being a North Texas fan.  

An article about how we may see a second straight 9 win season (you know, because that happens so much around here) devolves into an argument about where our coach will be running off to at the first chance.  

Jesus, I’d hate to double date with any of you.  Listening to you tell me how you don’t want to take our dates to a fancy restaurant because “they’ll certainly leave us after the bill is paid to go home and hook up with a cooler guy” would just depress me too much.  

I  have seen enough of these guys to think that might actually happen! 

On 5/3/2018 at 7:49 PM, untjim1995 said:

It would certainly make sense. SL was a Leach disciple, has coached there, and loves the country life that is still close enough to his Oklahoma roots. Plus, Tech has a roster built for his offense. I’d assume he and Graham Harrell would probably be a combo package, but you never know...

Any thought to the way Tech treated Leach may have put a sour taste in Litrell's  mouth?  Just because he coached out there once upon a time does not mean that he enjoyed the time out there, still longs to be out there again, or any of the such.  he may very well want to go back out there, but Lubbock is not his home.  Oklahoma is.  

• Upvote 2