Wilson Signs 3 Year Deal With 49ers

Cerebus

Congratulations to you, Jeff!

I'm not proud to say that my first gig out of college paid $8,027 per annum. 😞 Here's a little free advice from me and Janis...

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 3

Excellent choice in agent Jeff!!

15 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I think I've seen this before with another player.  Doesn't he still have to make the roster for the contract to stick? I hope he does, and I'll have to swallow my pride and root for him on the loathsome 49ers. 

Ugh, I know. 
Growing up in the 90's as a Cowboys fan, outside of the NFCEast teams, there is not another team I hate more.

45 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I think I've seen this before with another player.  Doesn't he still have to make the roster for the contract to stick? I hope he does, and I'll have to swallow my pride and root for him on the loathsome 49ers. 

Yes, still has to make the 53 man roster to get paid.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Wow.  Very surprising.  Huge deal for a UDFA. 

You think so? I thought it was right in line with what his position is. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde

18 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

He would only get the money from the NFL contract while on the 53 man roster.  Players on the practice squad get paid per the practice squad terms.

They rarely do this so with that being said why would a team do this? I can only think that the team feels strongly he is going to make the roster and they want to tie him up now? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

You think so? I thought it was right in line with what his position is. 

Very few UDFA get 3 year contracts the day after the draft.  There was probably more than one team that really wanted him.  It doesn't mean a whole lot since SF could just cut him during camp and only lose any signing bonus they gave him (not sure they gave him one).  It is a good sign that SF is hoping he makes the team. 

Checking the SF SBNation board, many of their fans really like him and think he's a good fit for their system.  SF doesn't have a lot of backs so it's a great opportunity for Wilson. 

• Upvote 1