Three Mean Green football players sign with NFL teams

Skipper

Glad for these guys to get their shot.  My thoughts...

Jeff Wilson - Approx 60% of the Niners' RB carries in 2017 are gone.  They signed McKinnon to big money butthe depth behind him should be up for competition.  They have draft capital invested on Joe Williams but he's got as much experience as our JW does.  Great opportunity and I trust Leigh Steinberg placed him in San Fran with this in mind.

Kishawn McClain - Brand new coaching staff in Oakland so fringe players are all having to earn their spots.  Special Teams coach Rich Bisaccia came from DAL...maybe he got a look at or heard talk of KM while in the area.

Treavor Moore - Since making headlines trading up to draft Roberto Aguayo in the 2nd round of the 2016 draft, the Bucs' kicking position's been in flux.  They were near the bottom in FG% in 2017.  Should be an open competition and I like Moore's chances in that scenario.

Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Although I don't like or follow either California team I wish Wilson and McClain the very best.  I very much hope that each succeeds and I will keep up with their progress.

Tampa Bay is in my 'okay' group of teams that I wish success and I believe that Moore will prosper there.  Best of luck to him.

• Upvote 2