Mean Green 2017 Football Survey Results

My only problem with this survey is that it basically just reflects the opinions of us die-hard season ticket holders. We have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 at most home games. I don't feel like our 750+ opinions truly reflect what most people that come to the games think. We really need to know what those other 19,250 people think, so we can figure out how to make them season ticket holders too.

Personally, I think Baker should hand out surveys at the gates when people walk in at the SMU game. If each survey had a unique bar code, each ticket scanned should be able to be assigned to a ticket. There should be incentives for turning in the surveys too... field access for a future game, team autographed football/helmet, free food from the concessions, carry the Battle Flag onto the field at the introduction of a future game. Stuff like that. Winners could be announced during TV timeouts and halftime, using a field level camera and a roaming reporter. It would create a much more interactive fan experience, and our AD would have more relevant data to sift through.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

My only problem with this survey is that it basically just reflects the opinions of us die-hard season ticket holders. We have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 at most home games. I don't feel like our 750+ opinions truly reflect what most people that come to the games think. We really need to know what those other 19,250 people think, so we can figure out how to make them season ticket holders too.

Personally, I think Baker should hand out surveys at the gates when people walk in at the SMU game. If each survey had a unique bar code, each ticket scanned should be able to be assigned to a ticket. There should be incentives for turning in the surveys too... field access for a future game, team autographed football/helmet, free food from the concessions, carry the Battle Flag onto the field at the introduction of a future game. Stuff like that. Winners could be announced during TV timeouts and halftime, using a field level camera and a roaming reporter. It would create a much more interactive fan experience, and our AD would have more relevant data to sift through.

Email the man.. posting here will not get any movement.. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Email the man.. posting here will not get any movement.. 

A good suggestion, but I doubt my lone opinion would carry much weight. Baker seems to be a guy that looks for consensus when making decisions. There are strengths in that style of leadership, but I do not feel innovation is one of them.

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

A good suggestion, but I doubt my lone opinion would carry much weight. Baker seems to be a guy that looks for consensus when making decisions. There are strengths in that style of leadership, but I do not feel innovation is one of them.

He is not someone to blow off a good idea, and posting things here isn’t going to help anyone here or in the AD office (not a trying to be rude, but just honest since we all have posted solid ideas including me but nothing happens because it’s posted here).. if we want to see real actual change in how things are done we need to voice them to the correct people directly.

A good example was people got pissed the band wore shorts and t-shirts.. then multiple people complained directly to the band officials.. boom it changed.. 

I hope people see other ideas, such as yours and email in.. yes 1 email won’t do much but multiple will.. also that 1 email, could give WB an idea for them to expand it but at worst it likely gets you a reply directly from WB.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

He is not someone to blow off a good idea, and posting things here isn’t going to help anyone here or in the AD office (not a trying to be rude, but just honest since we all have posted solid ideas including me but nothing happens because it’s posted here).. if we want to see real actual change in how things are done we need to voice them to the correct people directly.

A good example was people got pissed the band wore shorts and t-shirts.. then multiple people complained directly to the band officials.. boom it changed.. 

I hope people see other ideas, such as yours and email in.. yes 1 email won’t do much but multiple will.. also that 1 email, could give WB an idea for them to expand it but at worst it likely gets you a reply directly from WB.

I see your point, but I'd think WB has a person at the AD that is responsible for keeping track of what happens on here, and taking ideas back to him.

4 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I see your point, but I'd think WB has a person at the AD that is responsible for keeping track of what happens on here, and taking ideas back to him.

Nope, maybe a few old people check (if they are from the old regime) it to see if people are critical of them or a department but not many people are aware/check or worry about it.. that’s why I’ve said contacting them directly is the best.. the band is a prime example, @AustinFromUNT Has talked brought up multiple things to WB, Mosley, Peck in terms of student issues, etc.. only way to improve is getting it into the right peoples hands

On 5/5/2018 at 10:02 PM, Side Show Joe said:

Honestly, a 3.75% response rate (guessing based on the simple math available) is not actually that bad for an online survey.