Men's Golf

UNTLifer

6 hours ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Kelly Kraft and Colt Knost both heavily considered UNT and were playing TJGT their junior and senior years. Snyman is a nice player but didn't come close to having the college career that either of those guys had. He has a LONG way to go to even come close to having the professional career that either of those guys have had. 

Stracke  in the decade he's been here not recruited one local kid out of high school that made a difference. 

I think where we differ is I really don't care if a kid is local, from Wisconsin or from Sweden. I care about how our team is. And Stracke's team is consistently in the top 75. Usually closer to 50 than 75. And during his tenure, he's undeniably ran one of our two most successful programs. I'm not sure how local kids feel about him. But it's not out of the question that it's more about how the "country club" sport kids view UNT. Women's golf and women's tennis both carry a ton of international players.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2018 at 10:06 PM, shootermcgavin44 said:

If that is the type of person you want representing your university and turning boys into men then SMH

And those internationals are just awesome. A kid from Flower Mound wouldn't have these issues. 

https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/snyman-named-c-usa-golfer-of-the-year/article_9fa86a3b-5f4e-562c-a4a4-0f393b9b6c23.html

Guess this young man from The Woodlands feels different.  Love his quotes on why he chose North Texas.

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-golf/spec-rel/051718aab.html

On 5/5/2018 at 7:19 PM, shootermcgavin44 said:

Kelly Kraft and Colt Knost both heavily considered UNT and were playing TJGT their junior and senior years. Snyman is a nice player but didn't come close to having the college career that either of those guys had. He has a LONG way to go to even come close to having the professional career that either of those guys have had. 

Stracke  in the decade he's been here not recruited one local kid out of high school that made a difference. 

Why even bring Kraft and Knost in to the conversation when they both graduate high school prior to Stracke's arrival at UNT?  Knost was an 03 grad of Pilot Point and Kraft an 07 grad of Ryan High while Stracke didn't arrive until 09.

Regarding past players not liking him, I find it odd that his assistant is a former player of his at UNT.  I also found articles with quotes from players that would contradict what you are stating.

On 5/17/2018 at 10:33 AM, UNTLifer said:

Why even bring Kraft and Knost in to the conversation when they both graduate high school prior to Stracke's arrival at UNT?  Knost was an 03 grad of Pilot Point and Kraft an 07 grad of Ryan High while Stracke didn't arrive until 09.

Regarding past players not liking him, I find it odd that his assistant is a former player of his at UNT.  I also found articles with quotes from players that would contradict what you are stating.

I am sure your articles are great. I'll trust my word of mouth from 20 or so former players, recruits and high school coaches that have dealt with him. 

• Downvote 2